Elaine Thompson Breezes Through 100m Heat to Book Semifinal Spot At World Championships
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson and three of her compatriots have all earned places in the semi-finals of the women’s 100 metres at the 2017 World Championships.
Thompson breezed through her heat during the morning session on day two to claim victory in 11.05 seconds. She was the only Jamaican to cross the finish line in first place.
Jura Levy, Natasha Morrison, and Simone Facey are the other Jamaicans who earned a spot in the semi-finals.
Levy and Morrison both earned automatic spots while Facey qualified among the fastest losers.
Levy, with a time of 11.09 and Morrison (11.21) both finished third in their heats, while Facey finished fourth in her heat with an 11.29 clocking.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018