Close to 900 Persons Killed So Far This Year
Close to 900 persons have been killed in Jamaica since the beginning of 2017.
Figures courtesy of the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB) show that 157 people were killed in June, while 138 murders were recorded in May.
136 persons were murdered in July, 123 in January, 118 in March, 109 in April, and 86 in February.
The month of August has seen 26 persons being killed up to Monday of this week. According to the NIB, the figures represent a 21.7 percent increase when compared to the corresponding period in 2016.
St James has the highest tally with 117, followed by Westmoreland with 85; Clarendon with 84; St. Andrew South, 76; St. Catherine North, 75; Kingston West, 59 and St. Catherine South, 56.
1,350 murders were recorded in Jamaica last year. Police claim that 65 percent of those killings were gang related.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018