Close to 900 Persons Killed So Far This Year
Close to 900 persons have been killed in Jamaica since the beginning of 2017.
Figures courtesy of the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB) show that 157 people were killed in June, while 138 murders were recorded in May.
136 persons were murdered in July, 123 in January, 118 in March, 109 in April, and 86 in February.
The month of August has seen 26 persons being killed up to Monday of this week. According to the NIB, the figures represent a 21.7 percent increase when compared to the corresponding period in 2016.
St James has the highest tally with 117, followed by Westmoreland with 85; Clarendon with 84; St. Andrew South, 76; St. Catherine North, 75; Kingston West, 59 and St. Catherine South, 56.
1,350 murders were recorded in Jamaica last year. Police claim that 65 percent of those killings were gang related.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018