Close to 900 Persons Killed So Far This Year
Close to 900 persons have been killed in Jamaica since the beginning of 2017.
Figures courtesy of the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB) show that 157 people were killed in June, while 138 murders were recorded in May.
136 persons were murdered in July, 123 in January, 118 in March, 109 in April, and 86 in February.
The month of August has seen 26 persons being killed up to Monday of this week. According to the NIB, the figures represent a 21.7 percent increase when compared to the corresponding period in 2016.
St James has the highest tally with 117, followed by Westmoreland with 85; Clarendon with 84; St. Andrew South, 76; St. Catherine North, 75; Kingston West, 59 and St. Catherine South, 56.
1,350 murders were recorded in Jamaica last year. Police claim that 65 percent of those killings were gang related.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017