Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury
A hamstring injury will prevent Jamaica’s Usain Bolt (at least for the time being) from realising one of his biggest dreams, – to play for Manchester United.
The eight-time Olympic gold medallist sustained an injury in the final race of his storied career – the men’s 4x100m relay final at the recently concluded IAAF World Championships in London.
Jamaica subsequently failed to medal after Bolt went to ground on the home straight.
Bolt, a lifelong fan of Manchester United seemed set to finally get his wish of playing for the ‘red devils’ after signing a contract to play for the club in a ‘Legends’ charity match against Barcelona on September 2.
However, it has now been revealed that the injury Bolt sustained at the world championships is more severe than previously believed. Following his stumble, Jamaican team doctor Kevin Jones stated that Bolt had a cramp in his left hamstring.
But today, Bolt tweeted an image of his muscle tear and stated that the injury will require three months of rehabilitation.
The 30-year-old said via tweets:
“Sadly I have tear of the proximal myotendineous junction of biceps femoris in my left hamstring with partial retraction. Three months rehab.
“I don’t usually release my medical report to the public but sadly I have sat and listened to people questioning if I was really injured.
“I have never been one to cheat my fans in any way & my entire desire at the championship was run one last time for my fans. Thanks for the continued support my fans and I rest, heal and move onto the next chapter of my life #Love&LoveAlone.”
An X-ray image was also shared. The tweets were removed shortly after they were posted.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018