Bolt Not Irreplaceable Claims Carl Lewis
It is probably a gross understatement to simply state that the former track and field athlete Carl Lewis is not a fan of Jamaica’s 8-time Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt.
The American athlete failed three tests during the 1988 US Olympic trials but was still allowed to compete in the Seoul games two months later.
But years later Lewis weirdly questioned the integrity of both Usain Bolt and Jamaica’s drug testing programme.
Now Lewis is seemingly of the view that the sport of track and field will be better off with the departure of Usain Bolt.
Bolt recently ended his illustrious sprinting career which saw him smash world records over both the 100m and 200m sprints, and amass a medal haul of 8 Olympic and 11 World Championship gold medals.
But despite his incredible feats on the track, Lewis believes the sport paid too much attention to Bolt.
While speaking with India’s PTI News, Lewis stated “The sport is not just about one person. Nobody is irreplaceable. Track and field survived many civilisations. Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson and now Usain Bolt. Men will all come and go but the sport will always remain.”
“We need to do more to build on the sport. We don’t need to follow that trend that we have been in the last eight years, which was just about following one person,” he added.
“Our job is to fill the void. In the last 10 years, the sport has not grown as the focus was just on one man. The point is we need to build competition. We now have a unique chance to rebuild and grow our sport. Now we have a chance to make a difference, grow our sport and not just grow yourself.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018