Bolt, Blake, Forte Make Semi-Finals At London World Championships
Three Jamaican athletes booked their places in the semifinals of the men’s 100m at the London World Championships today.
Yohan Blake clocked 10.13 to finish third in heat 2. Japan’s rising star athlete Abdul Hakim Sani Brown finished first in 10.05.
In the heat that followed, Julian Forte produced the first sub-10 clocking of the Championships with a personal best of 9.99 to win that heat.
Forte crossed the line ahead of Ben Youssef Meïté of the Ivory Coast, (10.02) and Britain’s Reece Prescod who ran a personal best, 10.03.
And the man who ensured the stadium was filled to capacity – Usain Bolt won the final heat of the day clocking 10.07.
Bolt comfortably won his heat despite a sluggish start. Britain’s James Dasaolu was second in 10.013.
Jamaica’s Senoj-Jay Givans failed to advance from heat 1 after finishing seventh with a time of 10.30. The American athlete Christian Coleman took that race comfortably with a time of 10.1.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018