Bolt, Blake, Forte Make Semi-Finals At London World Championships
Three Jamaican athletes booked their places in the semifinals of the men’s 100m at the London World Championships today.
Yohan Blake clocked 10.13 to finish third in heat 2. Japan’s rising star athlete Abdul Hakim Sani Brown finished first in 10.05.
In the heat that followed, Julian Forte produced the first sub-10 clocking of the Championships with a personal best of 9.99 to win that heat.
Forte crossed the line ahead of Ben Youssef Meïté of the Ivory Coast, (10.02) and Britain’s Reece Prescod who ran a personal best, 10.03.
And the man who ensured the stadium was filled to capacity – Usain Bolt won the final heat of the day clocking 10.07.
Bolt comfortably won his heat despite a sluggish start. Britain’s James Dasaolu was second in 10.013.
Jamaica’s Senoj-Jay Givans failed to advance from heat 1 after finishing seventh with a time of 10.30. The American athlete Christian Coleman took that race comfortably with a time of 10.1.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018