Tanya Stephens: Miss Lou “Didn’t Liberate Me” – (VIDEO)
Tanya Stephens continues to stand her ground with her views regarding one of Jamaica’s most endeared cultural icons – Louise Bennett-Coverley, commonly referred to as Miss Lou.
Stephens recently shared her thoughts on a highly controversial comment made by the dancehall artiste Ishawna.
Last week, Ishawna triggered public backlash for a social media post which had the caption – “Mi nuh dress inna tablecloth like Miss Lou.”
The post, which was shared on the popular photo-sharing platform Instagram also included the hashtag “#RipMissLou”.
Stephens responded in a social media post seemingly directed at Ishawna’s critics, saying “Jamaicans really need to stop mandating their self-imposed limitations.”
In the post, Stephens also asked persons condemning Ishawna to share an image of themselves dressing like ‘Miss Lou’ and a video of themselves reciting one of the icon’s poems.
She has since expounded on her views regarding Miss Lou in a social media video.
Hear her thoughts below:
He who says one needs to know one's past to know one's future must have never heard of amnesia. I'm open to learning from those who actually HAVE something to teach! While you are busy being the OWNER of Jamaica and the rewriter of history do remember that ALL Jamaicans have EQUAL franchise on this rock!
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017
- Bodies Of Couple Found In Decomposed State In Ocho Rios - October 13, 2017