Tanya Stephens: Miss Lou “Didn’t Liberate Me” – (VIDEO)
Tanya Stephens continues to stand her ground with her views regarding one of Jamaica’s most endeared cultural icons – Louise Bennett-Coverley, commonly referred to as Miss Lou.
Stephens recently shared her thoughts on a highly controversial comment made by the dancehall artiste Ishawna.
Last week, Ishawna triggered public backlash for a social media post which had the caption – “Mi nuh dress inna tablecloth like Miss Lou.”
The post, which was shared on the popular photo-sharing platform Instagram also included the hashtag “#RipMissLou”.
Stephens responded in a social media post seemingly directed at Ishawna’s critics, saying “Jamaicans really need to stop mandating their self-imposed limitations.”
In the post, Stephens also asked persons condemning Ishawna to share an image of themselves dressing like ‘Miss Lou’ and a video of themselves reciting one of the icon’s poems.
She has since expounded on her views regarding Miss Lou in a social media video.
Hear her thoughts below:
He who says one needs to know one's past to know one's future must have never heard of amnesia. I'm open to learning from those who actually HAVE something to teach! While you are busy being the OWNER of Jamaica and the rewriter of history do remember that ALL Jamaicans have EQUAL franchise on this rock!
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017