Sprinter Jason Livermore Tests Positive For Banned Substance
Jamaican sprinter Jason Livermore now faces a four year ban after testing positive for a banned substance.
News of the doping violation came on Friday during a hearing at the Jamaica Conference Centre.
The revelation was reportedly made by Kent Gammon, chairman of a three-man Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) independent panel.
Gammon did not reveal the alleged banned substance, but stated that the 29-year-old Livermore, a Commonwealth Games 200-metres bronze medalist, had returned the positive result in an out-of-competition test on December 16.
According to Gammon, Livermore had violated Article 2.1 of JADCO’s anti-doping rules, which refers to the “Presence of a prohibited substance or its metabolites or markers in an athlete’s sample”.
Livermore represented Jamaica at the 2013 World Championships in Moscow. He has a personal best of 10.03 seconds in the 100m and 20.13 in the 200m.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018