Reggae Boyz Face Friendly Against Canada
September date set for Jamaica to travel to Toronto
Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz, who kicked off their Gold Cup with a polished performance to dismiss Curaçao 2-0 on Sunday, have pencilled in a friendly against Canada on 2 September.
Theodore Whitmore, who is now the head coach following a stint on an interim basis, will take his players after the Gold Cup tournament to tackle Canada at Toronto FC’s home of BMO Field Stadium.
Canada, who are also in North America for the Gold Cup, last played at BMO Field Stadium in September 2015 when they outclassed minnows Belize 3-0.
Tosaint Ricketts, a Canada striker, said: “There’s no better feeling than representing your country on home soil and we know that our fans will be the 12th man.”
Winfried Schäfer, Jamaica’s former head coach before Whitmore, initially had a terrible time in Canada when his Boyz were subjected to a shock 3-1 reversal in September 2014.
Yet the German managed to turn things round and the last time Jamaica faced Canada was at the 2015 Gold Cup, when a Rodolph Austin strike was enough to hand the Boyz a 1-0 win en route to reaching the final of the prestigious competition.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Gold Cup Dream Continues for Jamaica - July 21, 2017
- Mattocks On Target To Help Jamaica Reach Gold Cup Quarter-finals - July 17, 2017
- Jamaica Snatch Precious Gold Cup Point Against Mexico - July 14, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Face Friendly Against Canada - July 12, 2017
- Mattocks Back With Scoring Boots in Gold Cup - July 9, 2017
- Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz Back on Gold Trail - July 7, 2017
- Ex-Jamaica Pro May Have A Shot At World No.1 Murray - June 30, 2017
- Jamaica Toppled by Curaçao in Caribbean Cup final - June 26, 2017
- Captain Morgan Could Leave Leicester For Promoted Geordies - May 17, 2017
- Wes Morgan Becomes First Jamaican International to Score a Champions League Goal - March 14, 2017