Reggae Boyz Face Friendly Against Canada
September date set for Jamaica to travel to Toronto
Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz, who kicked off their Gold Cup with a polished performance to dismiss Curaçao 2-0 on Sunday, have pencilled in a friendly against Canada on 2 September.
Theodore Whitmore, who is now the head coach following a stint on an interim basis, will take his players after the Gold Cup tournament to tackle Canada at Toronto FC’s home of BMO Field Stadium.
Canada, who are also in North America for the Gold Cup, last played at BMO Field Stadium in September 2015 when they outclassed minnows Belize 3-0.
Tosaint Ricketts, a Canada striker, said: “There’s no better feeling than representing your country on home soil and we know that our fans will be the 12th man.”
Winfried Schäfer, Jamaica’s former head coach before Whitmore, initially had a terrible time in Canada when his Boyz were subjected to a shock 3-1 reversal in September 2014.
Yet the German managed to turn things round and the last time Jamaica faced Canada was at the 2015 Gold Cup, when a Rodolph Austin strike was enough to hand the Boyz a 1-0 win en route to reaching the final of the prestigious competition.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Whitmore’s Reggae Boyz Thump Minnows In Nations League - October 15, 2018
- Modest Bolt Plays Waiting Game On Football Future - October 14, 2018
- Bolt At The Double With First Professional Goals - October 12, 2018
- Bolt Upfront About Make-or-Break Match On Friday - October 10, 2018
- JFF Deny That Bailey Ends Stand-Off To Make Jamaica Bow - October 9, 2018
- Bolt Left On Bench In Central Coast Mariners Friendly Win - October 7, 2018
- Bolt Named In Mariners Squad For Friday’s Football Friendly - October 4, 2018
- Jolt For Bolt To Win Race For Football Contract - September 28, 2018
- Bolt Serves Up Jamaican Taste To London - September 27, 2018
- Bolt Back Training In Australia In Bid To Earn Contract - September 20, 2018