Police Sergeant – One of Three Men Nabbed With 2,000 Pounds Of Ganja
A police sergeant is reportedly among three men who were taken into custody on Thursday night after they were found with a truck load of compressed ganja in Green Island, Hanover.
The accused cop is reportedly assigned to the Savanna-la-Mar police station in Westmoreland.
According to reports, a police team from the Narcotics Division was conducting an operation along the Green Island main road when a Toyota truck with three men aboard – including the police officer, who was in uniform – and a Nissan motor car with one occupant were observed parked along the roadway.
On the approach of the cops, the occupant of the Nissan reportedly opened fire and escaped on foot, while the three men in the truck were apprehended and the vehicle searched.
The search of the truck reportedly revealed 2,000 pounds of compressed ganja.
The three men were taken into custody and are expected to be charged for breaches of the Dangerous Drugs Act.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017