Police Sergeant – One of Three Men Nabbed With 2,000 Pounds Of Ganja
A police sergeant is reportedly among three men who were taken into custody on Thursday night after they were found with a truck load of compressed ganja in Green Island, Hanover.
The accused cop is reportedly assigned to the Savanna-la-Mar police station in Westmoreland.
According to reports, a police team from the Narcotics Division was conducting an operation along the Green Island main road when a Toyota truck with three men aboard – including the police officer, who was in uniform – and a Nissan motor car with one occupant were observed parked along the roadway.
On the approach of the cops, the occupant of the Nissan reportedly opened fire and escaped on foot, while the three men in the truck were apprehended and the vehicle searched.
The search of the truck reportedly revealed 2,000 pounds of compressed ganja.
The three men were taken into custody and are expected to be charged for breaches of the Dangerous Drugs Act.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017