Police Sergeant – One of Three Men Nabbed With 2,000 Pounds Of Ganja
A police sergeant is reportedly among three men who were taken into custody on Thursday night after they were found with a truck load of compressed ganja in Green Island, Hanover.
The accused cop is reportedly assigned to the Savanna-la-Mar police station in Westmoreland.
According to reports, a police team from the Narcotics Division was conducting an operation along the Green Island main road when a Toyota truck with three men aboard – including the police officer, who was in uniform – and a Nissan motor car with one occupant were observed parked along the roadway.
On the approach of the cops, the occupant of the Nissan reportedly opened fire and escaped on foot, while the three men in the truck were apprehended and the vehicle searched.
The search of the truck reportedly revealed 2,000 pounds of compressed ganja.
The three men were taken into custody and are expected to be charged for breaches of the Dangerous Drugs Act.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017