Jamaica’s Axeman to Face Mexican Boxer Arturo Santos Reyes In August
Nicholas ‘The Axeman’ Walters is scheduled to return to the ring next month following a 9-month hiatus to take on Mexican – Arturo Santos Reyes in a 10-round bout in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA.
This will be the 31-year-old’s first fight of the year.
The Axeman tasted defeat for the first time in his career last December at the hands of Vasyl ‘Hi-Tech’ Lomachenko in their World Boxing Organisation super-featherweight title clash in Las Vegas.
Walters retired in round seven after being outclassed by Lomachenko, a decision that resulted in him being condemned by many fans of the sport.
Walters’ ring record currently stands at 26 wins, one loss and one draw, while Santos’ record stands at 19 wins and 8 eight defeats from 27 fights.
A comprehensive victory in this fight will greatly bolster Walter’s image as he tries to re-establish himself to his former glory.
Walters will face Arturo Santos Reyes on August 19.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018