Jamaica’s Axeman to Face Mexican Boxer Arturo Santos Reyes In August
Nicholas ‘The Axeman’ Walters is scheduled to return to the ring next month following a 9-month hiatus to take on Mexican – Arturo Santos Reyes in a 10-round bout in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA.
This will be the 31-year-old’s first fight of the year.
The Axeman tasted defeat for the first time in his career last December at the hands of Vasyl ‘Hi-Tech’ Lomachenko in their World Boxing Organisation super-featherweight title clash in Las Vegas.
Walters retired in round seven after being outclassed by Lomachenko, a decision that resulted in him being condemned by many fans of the sport.
Walters’ ring record currently stands at 26 wins, one loss and one draw, while Santos’ record stands at 19 wins and 8 eight defeats from 27 fights.
A comprehensive victory in this fight will greatly bolster Walter’s image as he tries to re-establish himself to his former glory.
Walters will face Arturo Santos Reyes on August 19.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017