Jamaica’s Axeman to Face Mexican Boxer Arturo Santos Reyes In August
Nicholas ‘The Axeman’ Walters is scheduled to return to the ring next month following a 9-month hiatus to take on Mexican – Arturo Santos Reyes in a 10-round bout in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA.
This will be the 31-year-old’s first fight of the year.
The Axeman tasted defeat for the first time in his career last December at the hands of Vasyl ‘Hi-Tech’ Lomachenko in their World Boxing Organisation super-featherweight title clash in Las Vegas.
Walters retired in round seven after being outclassed by Lomachenko, a decision that resulted in him being condemned by many fans of the sport.
Walters’ ring record currently stands at 26 wins, one loss and one draw, while Santos’ record stands at 19 wins and 8 eight defeats from 27 fights.
A comprehensive victory in this fight will greatly bolster Walter’s image as he tries to re-establish himself to his former glory.
Walters will face Arturo Santos Reyes on August 19.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018