Jamaican Dollar Regains $1.45 Against US Greenback in June, One Of The Largest Monthly Appreciations In Years!
The Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) has revealed that in the month of June the Jamaican dollar revalued by $1.45 against the US greenback during trading.
On Monday the local currency began trading at $128.62 , from $130.07 on June 1st.
It represented one of the largest monthly appreciation of the dollar, which re-entered $128 territory, in years.
The dollar is responding in part to a weaker US dollar, which has lost gains made since US president Donald Trump came to office, and also a new BOJ auction system.
Meanwhile, the British Pound Sterling closed at $166.58 from $168.16 on June 1st, while the Canadian dollar closed at $99.39 from $97.09.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018