Jamaica Is Top Exporter Of Black Models Globally – Forbes Magazine
Forbes Magazine has recognised Jamaica’s Saint modelling agency for producing many internationally renowned black models.
Among the agency’s successes are Brandon Bailey, who has made appearances for Berluti and Yeezy, Paul Smith, among others.
Forbes also highlighted Saint models Tami WIlliams and Kai Newman. Williams was once a face of Valentino and Calvin Klein Collection, and recently walked in Chanel’s Métier d’Art show in Tokyo.
Kai Newman has walked for Gucci, Prada, Loewe and Burberry Prorsum among others and is a former face of Ralph Lauren.
Brad Allen, a long-time Saint male model is the current face of Polo Ralph Lauren.
Each year, the agency’s founder, Deiwght Peters locks down the busy Knutsford Boulevard in Kingston to hold an outdoor fest called Fashion Block, for one night only to celebrate his models’ international achievements.
The most recent staging of the event featured 16-year-old Lydia Barnett, 16, who made her debut for Fausto Puglisi and Philipp Plein in Milan, and Jamaica-based accounting student Naki Depass, who models for the likes of Céline, Isabel Marant and Giorgio Armani in her spare time.
Peters’ one remaining dream is to see a top American or British group cover his models in a fashion shoot on Jamaican soil.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017