Elaine Thompson Beats World Class Field While Wearing Training Shoes
On Sunday – Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson bested a world class field in the Women’s 100m at the London Diamond League while wearing sneakers.
But despite the sizeable disadvantage, Thompson clocked 10.94 to win in a strong headwind (-1.4).
Trainer shoes are quite comfortable, but most sprinters opt to wear spikes because of their light weight.
Among Thompson’s challengers were 2015 World Champion and winner of 2016 Olympic silver – Dafne Schippers and the Nigerian athlete Blessing Okagbare.
Thompson reportedly cited discomfort and injury concerns as her reason for wearing the trainers.
A little over a week ago, Thompson also clocked 10.91 to win the women’s 100m at the Paris Diamond League.
Watch Thompson’s 10.94 ‘sneaker’ win below:
A reminder than Elaine Thompson ran 10.94 in 100m in trainers.
In trainers pic.twitter.com/KzkixyMHUG
— Joshua 🇳🇬 (@big_man_joshy) July 9, 2017
— ★Sports Enthusiast★ (@JustSportsTweet) July 9, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018