Elaine Thompson Beats World Class Field While Wearing Training Shoes
On Sunday – Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson bested a world class field in the Women’s 100m at the London Diamond League while wearing sneakers.
But despite the sizeable disadvantage, Thompson clocked 10.94 to win in a strong headwind (-1.4).
Trainer shoes are quite comfortable, but most sprinters opt to wear spikes because of their light weight.
Among Thompson’s challengers were 2015 World Champion and winner of 2016 Olympic silver – Dafne Schippers and the Nigerian athlete Blessing Okagbare.
Thompson reportedly cited discomfort and injury concerns as her reason for wearing the trainers.
A little over a week ago, Thompson also clocked 10.91 to win the women’s 100m at the Paris Diamond League.
Watch Thompson’s 10.94 ‘sneaker’ win below:
A reminder than Elaine Thompson ran 10.94 in 100m in trainers.
In trainers pic.twitter.com/KzkixyMHUG
— Joshua 🇳🇬 (@big_man_joshy) July 9, 2017
— ★Sports Enthusiast★ (@JustSportsTweet) July 9, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017