Elaine Thompson Beats World Class Field While Wearing Training Shoes
On Sunday – Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson bested a world class field in the Women’s 100m at the London Diamond League while wearing sneakers.
But despite the sizeable disadvantage, Thompson clocked 10.94 to win in a strong headwind (-1.4).
Trainer shoes are quite comfortable, but most sprinters opt to wear spikes because of their light weight.
Among Thompson’s challengers were 2015 World Champion and winner of 2016 Olympic silver – Dafne Schippers and the Nigerian athlete Blessing Okagbare.
Thompson reportedly cited discomfort and injury concerns as her reason for wearing the trainers.
A little over a week ago, Thompson also clocked 10.91 to win the women’s 100m at the Paris Diamond League.
Watch Thompson’s 10.94 ‘sneaker’ win below:
A reminder than Elaine Thompson ran 10.94 in 100m in trainers.
In trainers pic.twitter.com/KzkixyMHUG
— Joshua 🇳🇬 (@big_man_joshy) July 9, 2017
— ★Sports Enthusiast★ (@JustSportsTweet) July 9, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018