Elaine Thompson Beats World Class Field While Wearing Training Shoes
On Sunday – Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson bested a world class field in the Women’s 100m at the London Diamond League while wearing sneakers.
But despite the sizeable disadvantage, Thompson clocked 10.94 to win in a strong headwind (-1.4).
Trainer shoes are quite comfortable, but most sprinters opt to wear spikes because of their light weight.
Among Thompson’s challengers were 2015 World Champion and winner of 2016 Olympic silver – Dafne Schippers and the Nigerian athlete Blessing Okagbare.
Thompson reportedly cited discomfort and injury concerns as her reason for wearing the trainers.
A little over a week ago, Thompson also clocked 10.91 to win the women’s 100m at the Paris Diamond League.
Watch Thompson’s 10.94 ‘sneaker’ win below:
A reminder than Elaine Thompson ran 10.94 in 100m in trainers.
In trainers pic.twitter.com/KzkixyMHUG
— Joshua 🇳🇬 (@big_man_joshy) July 9, 2017
— ★Sports Enthusiast★ (@JustSportsTweet) July 9, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017