Elaine Thompson Beats World Class Field While Wearing Training Shoes
On Sunday – Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson bested a world class field in the Women’s 100m at the London Diamond League while wearing sneakers.
But despite the sizeable disadvantage, Thompson clocked 10.94 to win in a strong headwind (-1.4).
Trainer shoes are quite comfortable, but most sprinters opt to wear spikes because of their light weight.
Among Thompson’s challengers were 2015 World Champion and winner of 2016 Olympic silver – Dafne Schippers and the Nigerian athlete Blessing Okagbare.
Thompson reportedly cited discomfort and injury concerns as her reason for wearing the trainers.
A little over a week ago, Thompson also clocked 10.91 to win the women’s 100m at the Paris Diamond League.
Watch Thompson’s 10.94 ‘sneaker’ win below:
A reminder than Elaine Thompson ran 10.94 in 100m in trainers.
In trainers pic.twitter.com/KzkixyMHUG
— Joshua 🇳🇬 (@big_man_joshy) July 9, 2017
— ★Sports Enthusiast★ (@JustSportsTweet) July 9, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017