Criminals Posing As Taxi Operators – JCF Warns
The JCF is warning members of the public, particularly those who travel using public transportation, about an emerging trend in the corporate area where several persons have been robbed by men posing as taxi operators.
The Half Way Tree Police are reporting that two men travelling in a grey Mazda Demio motorcar have robbed several unsuspecting persons in the past few days.
The men typically operate in the morning and evening peak hours and frequent routes along Molynes Road, Papine and Hagley Park Road, usually heading towards Half Way Tree in St. Andrew.
The motorcar poses as a route taxi, but uses white registration plates. There are similar reports in at least one other corporate area division—Kingston Central (downtown Kingston).
According to reports, the men then lure would-be passengers into the motorcar then deviate from the stated route. They then rob the passengers of cash, bankcards and any other valuables. They also demand PINs for bankcards.
Police are reminding commuters to:
1. Use only registered public passenger vehicles, and as much as possible to avoid travelling with strangers.
2. Always inform others of your whereabouts. Inform a trusted friend or relative — give information about where you are going, who you intend to meet with and when you expect to return.
3. Use your mobile phone to take a picture of the driver, the driver’s identification card or give a description of the driver to a friend along with the licence plate information of the vehicle. Remember to download the Ministry of National Security “Stay Alert” Application from the Google Play Store.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boyz To Take On Saudi Arabia Next Month - September 26, 2017
- Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations - September 26, 2017
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017