Criminals Posing As Taxi Operators – JCF Warns
The JCF is warning members of the public, particularly those who travel using public transportation, about an emerging trend in the corporate area where several persons have been robbed by men posing as taxi operators.
The Half Way Tree Police are reporting that two men travelling in a grey Mazda Demio motorcar have robbed several unsuspecting persons in the past few days.
The men typically operate in the morning and evening peak hours and frequent routes along Molynes Road, Papine and Hagley Park Road, usually heading towards Half Way Tree in St. Andrew.
The motorcar poses as a route taxi, but uses white registration plates. There are similar reports in at least one other corporate area division—Kingston Central (downtown Kingston).
According to reports, the men then lure would-be passengers into the motorcar then deviate from the stated route. They then rob the passengers of cash, bankcards and any other valuables. They also demand PINs for bankcards.
Police are reminding commuters to:
1. Use only registered public passenger vehicles, and as much as possible to avoid travelling with strangers.
2. Always inform others of your whereabouts. Inform a trusted friend or relative — give information about where you are going, who you intend to meet with and when you expect to return.
3. Use your mobile phone to take a picture of the driver, the driver’s identification card or give a description of the driver to a friend along with the licence plate information of the vehicle. Remember to download the Ministry of National Security “Stay Alert” Application from the Google Play Store.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018