Banks Should Show Fees At ATMs Before Customers Complete Transactions – CAC
The Consumer Affairs Commission (CAC) is urging banks to ensure that customers are able to see fees at ATMs before completing transactions.
While speaking at a media briefing recently, Chief Executive Officer of the CAC, Dolsie Allen, reportedly stated that the agency has been lobbying for the practice to be implemented.
“Well currently it is not in effect and that is why we are very concerned. Even with the enforceable quote from the bank of Jamaica, that was not included. And we believe as a consumer affairs Commission that has the concerns of consumers at heart that persons must be given the opportunity, whether they want to continue transaction or they wan’t to discontinue.”
“The fees must be displayed on the screen so you can make that choice. Information is key for us to make informed decisions.”
She also stated that banks have claimed that the cost to make adjustments to the software used by ATM’s to facilitate displaying the fees would be too great.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt Wins 100m Diamond League Sprint Ahead Of World Championships - July 21, 2017
- High-Powered Weapons, Over 4000 Rounds Ammunition Found At Wharves - July 21, 2017
- Prominent Montego Bay Businessman Shot Dead By Gunman - July 20, 2017
- Gunmen Open Fire On Denham Town Police Station - July 19, 2017
- Bolt, Omar McLeod to Face Off In Monaco - July 19, 2017
- Jamaican Doctor Dies In Cayman After Being Struck By Taxi - July 18, 2017
- Red Stripe Bikers Rollout: Red Stripe Implores Motorcyclists to Drive Responsibly - July 18, 2017
- Former Politician Shot Dead After Allegedly Killing Woman In St Elizabeth - July 18, 2017
- Tanya Stephens: Miss Lou “Didn’t Liberate Me” – (VIDEO) - July 17, 2017
- You May Have Played in the Caribbean in Assassin’s Creed – But Do You Know These Other Games? - July 17, 2017