Banks Should Show Fees At ATMs Before Customers Complete Transactions – CAC
The Consumer Affairs Commission (CAC) is urging banks to ensure that customers are able to see fees at ATMs before completing transactions.
While speaking at a media briefing recently, Chief Executive Officer of the CAC, Dolsie Allen, reportedly stated that the agency has been lobbying for the practice to be implemented.
“Well currently it is not in effect and that is why we are very concerned. Even with the enforceable quote from the bank of Jamaica, that was not included. And we believe as a consumer affairs Commission that has the concerns of consumers at heart that persons must be given the opportunity, whether they want to continue transaction or they wan’t to discontinue.”
“The fees must be displayed on the screen so you can make that choice. Information is key for us to make informed decisions.”
She also stated that banks have claimed that the cost to make adjustments to the software used by ATM’s to facilitate displaying the fees would be too great.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017