Banks Should Show Fees At ATMs Before Customers Complete Transactions – CAC
The Consumer Affairs Commission (CAC) is urging banks to ensure that customers are able to see fees at ATMs before completing transactions.
While speaking at a media briefing recently, Chief Executive Officer of the CAC, Dolsie Allen, reportedly stated that the agency has been lobbying for the practice to be implemented.
“Well currently it is not in effect and that is why we are very concerned. Even with the enforceable quote from the bank of Jamaica, that was not included. And we believe as a consumer affairs Commission that has the concerns of consumers at heart that persons must be given the opportunity, whether they want to continue transaction or they wan’t to discontinue.”
“The fees must be displayed on the screen so you can make that choice. Information is key for us to make informed decisions.”
She also stated that banks have claimed that the cost to make adjustments to the software used by ATM’s to facilitate displaying the fees would be too great.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018