Banks Should Show Fees At ATMs Before Customers Complete Transactions – CAC
The Consumer Affairs Commission (CAC) is urging banks to ensure that customers are able to see fees at ATMs before completing transactions.
While speaking at a media briefing recently, Chief Executive Officer of the CAC, Dolsie Allen, reportedly stated that the agency has been lobbying for the practice to be implemented.
“Well currently it is not in effect and that is why we are very concerned. Even with the enforceable quote from the bank of Jamaica, that was not included. And we believe as a consumer affairs Commission that has the concerns of consumers at heart that persons must be given the opportunity, whether they want to continue transaction or they wan’t to discontinue.”
“The fees must be displayed on the screen so you can make that choice. Information is key for us to make informed decisions.”
She also stated that banks have claimed that the cost to make adjustments to the software used by ATM’s to facilitate displaying the fees would be too great.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boyz To Take On Saudi Arabia Next Month - September 26, 2017
- Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations - September 26, 2017
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017