Bag Explodes At Norman Manley Airport As Part of Simulation Exercise
On Friday evening, a bag reportedly exploded at the Norman Manley International Airport.
The incident occurred some time after 7 pm but did not interfere with flight operations.
The Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ) has promptly sought to allay all concerns regarding the explosion by revealing that the incident was a simulation exercise.
Alfred McDonald, Senior Director of Commercial Development and Planning at the AAJ is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We received information subsequent to what I reported earlier that the exercise was a simulation exercise and it was certainly intended that the responders would not have been aware that it was a simulation exercise. Thankfully, therefore, what we had there was something that was under control.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018