Bag Explodes At Norman Manley Airport As Part of Simulation Exercise
On Friday evening, a bag reportedly exploded at the Norman Manley International Airport.
The incident occurred some time after 7 pm but did not interfere with flight operations.
The Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ) has promptly sought to allay all concerns regarding the explosion by revealing that the incident was a simulation exercise.
Alfred McDonald, Senior Director of Commercial Development and Planning at the AAJ is quoted by RJR as saying:
“We received information subsequent to what I reported earlier that the exercise was a simulation exercise and it was certainly intended that the responders would not have been aware that it was a simulation exercise. Thankfully, therefore, what we had there was something that was under control.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017