3 Reggae Boyz Named In Gold Cup’s Best XI
Three Reggae Boyz have been included in the Gold Cup 2017 Team of the Tournament.
The Jamaicans included in the Best XI are goalkeeper Andre Blake and defenders Jermaine Taylor and Kemar Lawrence.
Throughout the tournament, Blake showed why he was named the 2016 MLS Goalkeeper of the Year by making several impressive reaction saves.
Sadly a hand injury saw him make an early exit in the title game against the United States.
Kemar Lawrence was solid in the left-back spot for Jamaica throughout the tournament. He frustrated opponents to no end with his close-down speed.
And his sensational free kick in the semi-final game against Mexico was the icing on the cake.
Jermaine Taylor also tormented opponents with his firm and disciplined efforts in Jamaica’s back line. He was very impressive, particularly in the semifinal against Mexico.
See the Full Best XI Below:
— CONCACAF (@CONCACAF) July 27, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017