Ziggy Marley Receives Lifetime Achievement Award From UCLA
Jamaican musician Ziggy Marley recently received the 2017 George and Ira Gershwin Award for Lifetime Musical Achievement at UCLA’s Spring Sing.
Ziggy is the first reggae artiste to receive this award in its 29-year history.
He joins the likes of Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, and Billy Joel who are among the past recipients of the award.
Ziggy has made massive contributions to music. The eight-time Grammy winner has released 16 albums over the course of three decades and has performed in many countries across the globe.
Ziggy Marley accepts the George & Ira Gershwin Lifetime Musical Achievement Award at the Pauley Pavilion:
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017
- Jamaica Soars On Latest FIFA Ranking Following 2nd Place Gold Cup Finish - August 16, 2017
- Returning Residents Robbed By Gunmen Just Minutes After Leaving Airport - August 15, 2017
- Bolt To Finally Play For Manchester United In ‘Legends’ Game Against Barcelona - August 15, 2017
- Just In: South East St Mary MP, Dr Winston Green Dies - August 14, 2017