Ziggy Marley Receives Lifetime Achievement Award From UCLA
Jamaican musician Ziggy Marley recently received the 2017 George and Ira Gershwin Award for Lifetime Musical Achievement at UCLA’s Spring Sing.
Ziggy is the first reggae artiste to receive this award in its 29-year history.
He joins the likes of Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, and Billy Joel who are among the past recipients of the award.
Ziggy has made massive contributions to music. The eight-time Grammy winner has released 16 albums over the course of three decades and has performed in many countries across the globe.
Ziggy Marley accepts the George & Ira Gershwin Lifetime Musical Achievement Award at the Pauley Pavilion:
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018