Ziggy Marley Receives Lifetime Achievement Award From UCLA
Jamaican musician Ziggy Marley recently received the 2017 George and Ira Gershwin Award for Lifetime Musical Achievement at UCLA’s Spring Sing.
Ziggy is the first reggae artiste to receive this award in its 29-year history.
He joins the likes of Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, and Billy Joel who are among the past recipients of the award.
Ziggy has made massive contributions to music. The eight-time Grammy winner has released 16 albums over the course of three decades and has performed in many countries across the globe.
Ziggy Marley accepts the George & Ira Gershwin Lifetime Musical Achievement Award at the Pauley Pavilion:
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017