Woman Slapped With $1,000 Fine For Urinating in Public
A St Catherine woman recently pleaded guilty with explanation for urinating in a public place during her appearance in the St Catherine Parish Court.
The accused, Michelle Valentine, did not receive favour from the judge because of the act and was fined for the offence.
“Your honour it was not in a public space, it was behind a big tree. I was on a bus and wanted to pee pee and beg the driver to stop and I went and pee pee,” Valentine reportedly said, prompting giggles in the courtroom.
Senior parish judge Tara Reid-Carr judge reportedly replied:
“Madam a public place is not necessarily a building, but a public area; so next time, hold it until you get to a bathroom,” before handing down a fine of $1,000 or 10 days imprisonment.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017