Woman Slapped With $1,000 Fine For Urinating in Public
A St Catherine woman recently pleaded guilty with explanation for urinating in a public place during her appearance in the St Catherine Parish Court.
The accused, Michelle Valentine, did not receive favour from the judge because of the act and was fined for the offence.
“Your honour it was not in a public space, it was behind a big tree. I was on a bus and wanted to pee pee and beg the driver to stop and I went and pee pee,” Valentine reportedly said, prompting giggles in the courtroom.
Senior parish judge Tara Reid-Carr judge reportedly replied:
“Madam a public place is not necessarily a building, but a public area; so next time, hold it until you get to a bathroom,” before handing down a fine of $1,000 or 10 days imprisonment.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017