Woman Slapped With $1,000 Fine For Urinating in Public
A St Catherine woman recently pleaded guilty with explanation for urinating in a public place during her appearance in the St Catherine Parish Court.
The accused, Michelle Valentine, did not receive favour from the judge because of the act and was fined for the offence.
“Your honour it was not in a public space, it was behind a big tree. I was on a bus and wanted to pee pee and beg the driver to stop and I went and pee pee,” Valentine reportedly said, prompting giggles in the courtroom.
Senior parish judge Tara Reid-Carr judge reportedly replied:
“Madam a public place is not necessarily a building, but a public area; so next time, hold it until you get to a bathroom,” before handing down a fine of $1,000 or 10 days imprisonment.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018