Thompson Reportedly Pulls Out Of Racers Grand Prix
Jamaica’s double-Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson has reportedly pulled out of the second staging of the Racers Grand Prix set for Saturday, June 10 at the National Stadium in Kingston.
An official reason has not been given for her withdrawal but Thompson has been competing frequently this season.
Thompson suffered her first defeat of the season last Saturday as she finished third in the women’s 200 metres at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, the third stop of the 2017 IAAF Diamond League series.
Thompson, who won the sprint double at the Rio Olympics last Summer, clocked 21.98 seconds with American Tori Bowie upsetting the odds and flying to victory in an IAAF Diamond League record of 21.77 (1.5m/s).
The defeat for Thompson came just a week after the reigning Olympic sprint double champion comfortably won the women’s 200 metres at the 14th staging of the Jamaica International Invitational at the National Stadium in Kingston.
Sprint legend Usain Bolt is set to run his final competitive race on home soil at the meet.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017