Thompson Reportedly Pulls Out Of Racers Grand Prix
Jamaica’s double-Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson has reportedly pulled out of the second staging of the Racers Grand Prix set for Saturday, June 10 at the National Stadium in Kingston.
An official reason has not been given for her withdrawal but Thompson has been competing frequently this season.
Thompson suffered her first defeat of the season last Saturday as she finished third in the women’s 200 metres at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, the third stop of the 2017 IAAF Diamond League series.
Thompson, who won the sprint double at the Rio Olympics last Summer, clocked 21.98 seconds with American Tori Bowie upsetting the odds and flying to victory in an IAAF Diamond League record of 21.77 (1.5m/s).
The defeat for Thompson came just a week after the reigning Olympic sprint double champion comfortably won the women’s 200 metres at the 14th staging of the Jamaica International Invitational at the National Stadium in Kingston.
Sprint legend Usain Bolt is set to run his final competitive race on home soil at the meet.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017