Thompson Reportedly Pulls Out Of Racers Grand Prix
Jamaica’s double-Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson has reportedly pulled out of the second staging of the Racers Grand Prix set for Saturday, June 10 at the National Stadium in Kingston.
An official reason has not been given for her withdrawal but Thompson has been competing frequently this season.
Thompson suffered her first defeat of the season last Saturday as she finished third in the women’s 200 metres at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, the third stop of the 2017 IAAF Diamond League series.
Thompson, who won the sprint double at the Rio Olympics last Summer, clocked 21.98 seconds with American Tori Bowie upsetting the odds and flying to victory in an IAAF Diamond League record of 21.77 (1.5m/s).
The defeat for Thompson came just a week after the reigning Olympic sprint double champion comfortably won the women’s 200 metres at the 14th staging of the Jamaica International Invitational at the National Stadium in Kingston.
Sprint legend Usain Bolt is set to run his final competitive race on home soil at the meet.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018