The Best Dressed Chicken Hosts ‘Nuh Dutty Up Jamaica’ Cleanup Network Project
The Best Dressed Chicken, a coordinator of the ‘Nuh Dutty Up Jamaica’ Cleanup Network recently partnered with Wisynco Eco Club and Citibank to host a beach clean-up with over 200 volunteers at the Old Harbour Bay Fishing Village.
At sunrise, the team descended on the fishing village, equipped with shovels, wheelbarrows, rakes, and other tools dedicated to their mission. From plastic bags and bottles to Styrofoam containers and clogged gutters, the volunteers spared no effort removing garbage from the beach which is occupied by more than 150 vendors and workers.
“Old Harbour Bay is vital to the economic and social life of many people. It’s also the community that The Best Dressed Chicken calls home. It was important for us to lead the cleanup, and also hopefully, inspire change for the future care of the beach,” said Joan Forrest-Henry, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, The Best Dressed Chicken.
Together with residents, the volunteers worked with high energy throughout the morning. In the end, the appreciation for their efforts was evident in the expressions of gratitude from the many people who live and work on the beach. Camille Cheese, President of the Old Harbour Bay Community Development Association, noted that limited resources often hinder the effectiveness of the community’s cleanup efforts.
“When we get outside support we have a much better result. We are truly thankful that The Best Dressed Chicken has shown such interest in us and gathered so many people who have dedicated their time to help us care for the place that gives us our livelihood,” she said.
The cleanup project also had a legacy component with The Best Dressed Chicken donating garbage drums to facilitate recycling. Lackesha Pitter, Sponsorship and Promotions Coordinator, The Best Dressed Chicken, said she was pleased with the turnout as well as the results, “We all know the saying, ‘a rising tide lifts all boats’. What we did today was very empowering for everyone who participated. We are happy that our partners believed in this project as much as we did.”
The beach cleanup follows a series of consultations with the Old Harbour Bay residents and aligns with the environmental sustainability approach of The Best Dressed Chicken’s parent company Jamaica Broilers.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017
- Jamaica Soars On Latest FIFA Ranking Following 2nd Place Gold Cup Finish - August 16, 2017
- Returning Residents Robbed By Gunmen Just Minutes After Leaving Airport - August 15, 2017
- Bolt To Finally Play For Manchester United In ‘Legends’ Game Against Barcelona - August 15, 2017
- Just In: South East St Mary MP, Dr Winston Green Dies - August 14, 2017