Reggae Boyz Go Down to Peru 3-1 in Friendly
On Tuesday night (June 13), Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz were beaten 3-1 by Peru in an international friendly at the Estadio Monumental de la UNSA in Arequipa, Peru.
The Boyz held their own in the opening minutes of the contest, but the hosts soon found their rhythm and scored in the 21st minute when Flores knocked in a rebound from an Andre Blake save just outside the six yard box.
Jamaica seemed deadly for brief moments after conceding the first goal but Shamar Nicholson failed to capitalise on a prime goal scoring opportunity.
Peru once again took charge of the match and scored their second goal a minute before half-time courtesy of a header from Tapia.
After play resumed, Peru got their third goal just before the hour mark when the skillful Guerrero, beat the offside trap to comfortably slot home a neat shot past the advancing Blake.
Jamaica got it’s only goal of the game from the penalty spot when Owayne Gordon was fouled inside the box. Jermaine ‘Teddy’ Johnson stepped to calmly pull one back for Jamaica.
Jamaica will next face French Guiana in the Caribbean Cup semi-finals on June 22 in Martinique.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018