Reggae Boyz Go Down to Peru 3-1 in Friendly
On Tuesday night (June 13), Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz were beaten 3-1 by Peru in an international friendly at the Estadio Monumental de la UNSA in Arequipa, Peru.
The Boyz held their own in the opening minutes of the contest, but the hosts soon found their rhythm and scored in the 21st minute when Flores knocked in a rebound from an Andre Blake save just outside the six yard box.
Jamaica seemed deadly for brief moments after conceding the first goal but Shamar Nicholson failed to capitalise on a prime goal scoring opportunity.
Peru once again took charge of the match and scored their second goal a minute before half-time courtesy of a header from Tapia.
After play resumed, Peru got their third goal just before the hour mark when the skillful Guerrero, beat the offside trap to comfortably slot home a neat shot past the advancing Blake.
Jamaica got it’s only goal of the game from the penalty spot when Owayne Gordon was fouled inside the box. Jermaine ‘Teddy’ Johnson stepped to calmly pull one back for Jamaica.
Jamaica will next face French Guiana in the Caribbean Cup semi-finals on June 22 in Martinique.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017