Record One Million Visitors to Jamaica In 6 Month Period
JIS – On Thursday (June 15), Jamaica’s tourism reached yet another historical landmark when the island recorded its one-millionth visitor since the start of the year.
This is the largest number of arrivals over a six-month period, a feat which tourism officials, including Minister Edmund Bartlett, described as phenomenal.
“This is simply amazing,” Mr. Bartlett told tourism stakeholders at the Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay, who had gathered for a private ceremony inside the VIP Lounge to commemorate the occasion.
“Never before in our history has this ever happened, and to say we are indeed proud would certainly be putting it mildly,” he said.
The Minister pointed out that “in tandem with this landmark achievement,” the tourism sector also earned in excess of US$1.2 billion for the same period.
“We are very excited about these numbers, because they feed into the growth projections that we have,” he added.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017