Record One Million Visitors to Jamaica In 6 Month Period
JIS – On Thursday (June 15), Jamaica’s tourism reached yet another historical landmark when the island recorded its one-millionth visitor since the start of the year.
This is the largest number of arrivals over a six-month period, a feat which tourism officials, including Minister Edmund Bartlett, described as phenomenal.
“This is simply amazing,” Mr. Bartlett told tourism stakeholders at the Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay, who had gathered for a private ceremony inside the VIP Lounge to commemorate the occasion.
“Never before in our history has this ever happened, and to say we are indeed proud would certainly be putting it mildly,” he said.
The Minister pointed out that “in tandem with this landmark achievement,” the tourism sector also earned in excess of US$1.2 billion for the same period.
“We are very excited about these numbers, because they feed into the growth projections that we have,” he added.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018