Record One Million Visitors to Jamaica In 6 Month Period
JIS – On Thursday (June 15), Jamaica’s tourism reached yet another historical landmark when the island recorded its one-millionth visitor since the start of the year.
This is the largest number of arrivals over a six-month period, a feat which tourism officials, including Minister Edmund Bartlett, described as phenomenal.
“This is simply amazing,” Mr. Bartlett told tourism stakeholders at the Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay, who had gathered for a private ceremony inside the VIP Lounge to commemorate the occasion.
“Never before in our history has this ever happened, and to say we are indeed proud would certainly be putting it mildly,” he said.
The Minister pointed out that “in tandem with this landmark achievement,” the tourism sector also earned in excess of US$1.2 billion for the same period.
“We are very excited about these numbers, because they feed into the growth projections that we have,” he added.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018
- Red Stripe Buys New Sled For Jamaica’s Women’s Bobsled Team! - February 16, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Re-Enter Top 50 In Latest FIFA Ranking - February 15, 2018