PNP Councillor Injured, Assistant Killed In Shooting
Karl Blake, the People’s National Party (PNP) Councillor for the Greenwich Town Division in South West St Andrew, the constituency of former Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miler, has been shot.
The shooting reportedly took place at the compound which houses the constituency office, at approximately 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
His assistant, Maxine Simpson reportedly dead as a result of the incident, which was confirmed by the PNP via Twitter on Sunday night.
A post on the PNP Jamaica twitter account said Blake was in stable condition at hospital.
Blake is reportedly tipped to replace Simpson Miller as Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency.
Police have not yet released details regarding the circumstances of the shooting. In a tweet following the shooting, @PNP Jamaica stated:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of the Greenwich Town Division, SW St Andrew. Get well soon Councillor Blake,RIP Maxine Simpson”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018