PNP Councillor Injured, Assistant Killed In Shooting
Karl Blake, the People’s National Party (PNP) Councillor for the Greenwich Town Division in South West St Andrew, the constituency of former Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miler, has been shot.
The shooting reportedly took place at the compound which houses the constituency office, at approximately 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
His assistant, Maxine Simpson reportedly dead as a result of the incident, which was confirmed by the PNP via Twitter on Sunday night.
A post on the PNP Jamaica twitter account said Blake was in stable condition at hospital.
Blake is reportedly tipped to replace Simpson Miller as Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency.
Police have not yet released details regarding the circumstances of the shooting. In a tweet following the shooting, @PNP Jamaica stated:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of the Greenwich Town Division, SW St Andrew. Get well soon Councillor Blake,RIP Maxine Simpson”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017