PNP Councillor Injured, Assistant Killed In Shooting
Karl Blake, the People’s National Party (PNP) Councillor for the Greenwich Town Division in South West St Andrew, the constituency of former Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miler, has been shot.
The shooting reportedly took place at the compound which houses the constituency office, at approximately 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
His assistant, Maxine Simpson reportedly dead as a result of the incident, which was confirmed by the PNP via Twitter on Sunday night.
A post on the PNP Jamaica twitter account said Blake was in stable condition at hospital.
Blake is reportedly tipped to replace Simpson Miller as Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency.
Police have not yet released details regarding the circumstances of the shooting. In a tweet following the shooting, @PNP Jamaica stated:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of the Greenwich Town Division, SW St Andrew. Get well soon Councillor Blake,RIP Maxine Simpson”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018