PNP Councillor Injured, Assistant Killed In Shooting
Karl Blake, the People’s National Party (PNP) Councillor for the Greenwich Town Division in South West St Andrew, the constituency of former Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miler, has been shot.
The shooting reportedly took place at the compound which houses the constituency office, at approximately 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
His assistant, Maxine Simpson reportedly dead as a result of the incident, which was confirmed by the PNP via Twitter on Sunday night.
A post on the PNP Jamaica twitter account said Blake was in stable condition at hospital.
Blake is reportedly tipped to replace Simpson Miller as Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency.
Police have not yet released details regarding the circumstances of the shooting. In a tweet following the shooting, @PNP Jamaica stated:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of the Greenwich Town Division, SW St Andrew. Get well soon Councillor Blake,RIP Maxine Simpson”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017