PNP Councillor Injured, Assistant Killed In Shooting
Karl Blake, the People’s National Party (PNP) Councillor for the Greenwich Town Division in South West St Andrew, the constituency of former Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miler, has been shot.
The shooting reportedly took place at the compound which houses the constituency office, at approximately 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
His assistant, Maxine Simpson reportedly dead as a result of the incident, which was confirmed by the PNP via Twitter on Sunday night.
A post on the PNP Jamaica twitter account said Blake was in stable condition at hospital.
Blake is reportedly tipped to replace Simpson Miller as Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency.
Police have not yet released details regarding the circumstances of the shooting. In a tweet following the shooting, @PNP Jamaica stated:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of the Greenwich Town Division, SW St Andrew. Get well soon Councillor Blake,RIP Maxine Simpson”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017