Peter Bunting Expresses Concern As Murder Rate Soars By 19 Percent
Opposition Spokesman on National Security, Peter Bunting has firmly criticised the JLP administration, for its handling of the country’s crime problem.
In a statement, Mr Bunting said the murder rate is spiraling out of control with the latest JCF statistics revealing
that 639 murders have occurred up to June 10, or a 19 percent increase in the number of murders year-to-date
compared to 2016.
The 137 murders committed in May reflected the highest month since the Tivoli Operation in 2010.
Mr Bunting also noted that the murder rate has accelerated during the month of June with 68 murders being committed during the first ten days – 54 of these in the last week, at a rate of almost 8 murders per day.
He also stated – “The Opposition is gravely concerned, as these murders are occurring right across the country with only two of 19 police divisions showing any improvement. For the first time in many years, the Metro Area – Kingston, St. Andrew, and St. Catherine – has the highest percentage increase in murders as opposed to Area 1.”
“It suggests that the runaway murder rate is an indication of systemic weaknesses within our national security apparatus. The deafening silence from the Prime Minister and the absurd statement from the Minister that ”gangs are under pressure‘ only contribute to the sense of drift and alternate reality within a sector critical to both
public safety and economic growth.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018