New York Woman Convicted For Hiring Hitman to Kill Jamaican Husband
A Brookyln woman was recently convicted for hiring a hitman to murder her Jamaican husband in a bid to collect hundreds of thousands of US dollars via insurance claims.
According to reports by NY Daily News, on Thursday jurors quickly found 29 year old Alishia Noel-Murray guilty of murder, attempted murder and weapon possession in the February 23, 2013 assassination of her husband, Jamaican born Omar Murray.
Following the verdict, Noel-Murray’s mother, Eunice Ashley Henry reportedly expressed her happiness with the court’s ruling, stating “I’m ecstatic. I’m overwhelmed…But I’m still missing my son.”
The court heard that Noel-Murray conspired with her then-boyfriend, Dameon Lovell, to hire a hitman for US $3,500 to kill Omar Murray, so she could collect on life insurance policies.
Lovell reportedly cooperated with prosecutors in exchange for 15 years to life in prison.
The alleged shooter, Kirk Portious, killed Murray at his Brownsville home.
Noel-Murray is scheduled for sentencing on June 29.
— Jay Mitchell (@jaythoughts) May 16, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019