New York Woman Convicted For Hiring Hitman to Kill Jamaican Husband
A Brookyln woman was recently convicted for hiring a hitman to murder her Jamaican husband in a bid to collect hundreds of thousands of US dollars via insurance claims.
According to reports by NY Daily News, on Thursday jurors quickly found 29 year old Alishia Noel-Murray guilty of murder, attempted murder and weapon possession in the February 23, 2013 assassination of her husband, Jamaican born Omar Murray.
Following the verdict, Noel-Murray’s mother, Eunice Ashley Henry reportedly expressed her happiness with the court’s ruling, stating “I’m ecstatic. I’m overwhelmed…But I’m still missing my son.”
The court heard that Noel-Murray conspired with her then-boyfriend, Dameon Lovell, to hire a hitman for US $3,500 to kill Omar Murray, so she could collect on life insurance policies.
Lovell reportedly cooperated with prosecutors in exchange for 15 years to life in prison.
The alleged shooter, Kirk Portious, killed Murray at his Brownsville home.
Noel-Murray is scheduled for sentencing on June 29.
— Jay Mitchell (@jaythoughts) May 16, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018