New York Woman Convicted For Hiring Hitman to Kill Jamaican Husband
A Brookyln woman was recently convicted for hiring a hitman to murder her Jamaican husband in a bid to collect hundreds of thousands of US dollars via insurance claims.
According to reports by NY Daily News, on Thursday jurors quickly found 29 year old Alishia Noel-Murray guilty of murder, attempted murder and weapon possession in the February 23, 2013 assassination of her husband, Jamaican born Omar Murray.
Following the verdict, Noel-Murray’s mother, Eunice Ashley Henry reportedly expressed her happiness with the court’s ruling, stating “I’m ecstatic. I’m overwhelmed…But I’m still missing my son.”
The court heard that Noel-Murray conspired with her then-boyfriend, Dameon Lovell, to hire a hitman for US $3,500 to kill Omar Murray, so she could collect on life insurance policies.
Lovell reportedly cooperated with prosecutors in exchange for 15 years to life in prison.
The alleged shooter, Kirk Portious, killed Murray at his Brownsville home.
Noel-Murray is scheduled for sentencing on June 29.
— Jay Mitchell (@jaythoughts) May 16, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017