New York Woman Convicted For Hiring Hitman to Kill Jamaican Husband
A Brookyln woman was recently convicted for hiring a hitman to murder her Jamaican husband in a bid to collect hundreds of thousands of US dollars via insurance claims.
According to reports by NY Daily News, on Thursday jurors quickly found 29 year old Alishia Noel-Murray guilty of murder, attempted murder and weapon possession in the February 23, 2013 assassination of her husband, Jamaican born Omar Murray.
Following the verdict, Noel-Murray’s mother, Eunice Ashley Henry reportedly expressed her happiness with the court’s ruling, stating “I’m ecstatic. I’m overwhelmed…But I’m still missing my son.”
The court heard that Noel-Murray conspired with her then-boyfriend, Dameon Lovell, to hire a hitman for US $3,500 to kill Omar Murray, so she could collect on life insurance policies.
Lovell reportedly cooperated with prosecutors in exchange for 15 years to life in prison.
The alleged shooter, Kirk Portious, killed Murray at his Brownsville home.
Noel-Murray is scheduled for sentencing on June 29.
— Jay Mitchell (@jaythoughts) May 16, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017