New York Woman Convicted For Hiring Hitman to Kill Jamaican Husband
A Brookyln woman was recently convicted for hiring a hitman to murder her Jamaican husband in a bid to collect hundreds of thousands of US dollars via insurance claims.
According to reports by NY Daily News, on Thursday jurors quickly found 29 year old Alishia Noel-Murray guilty of murder, attempted murder and weapon possession in the February 23, 2013 assassination of her husband, Jamaican born Omar Murray.
Following the verdict, Noel-Murray’s mother, Eunice Ashley Henry reportedly expressed her happiness with the court’s ruling, stating “I’m ecstatic. I’m overwhelmed…But I’m still missing my son.”
The court heard that Noel-Murray conspired with her then-boyfriend, Dameon Lovell, to hire a hitman for US $3,500 to kill Omar Murray, so she could collect on life insurance policies.
Lovell reportedly cooperated with prosecutors in exchange for 15 years to life in prison.
The alleged shooter, Kirk Portious, killed Murray at his Brownsville home.
Noel-Murray is scheduled for sentencing on June 29.
— Jay Mitchell (@jaythoughts) May 16, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018