Jamaican Man Receives Death Sentence In The US For Double Homicide
On Wednesday night (June 14), a Jamaican-born man was sentenced to death for the murders of a mother and her teenage daughter by a jury in Pennsylvania (USA).
On June 11, 2015, 40-year-old Leeton Thomas reportedly stabbed to death Lisa Scheetz, 44, and her daughter, Hailey, 16 in their basement apartment.
According to Fox43, during trial, Assistant District Attorney Christopher P. Larsen told the jury that Thomas cut a window in the screen of the victim’s home, entered, and then brutally stabbed the victim and her two daughters. Larsen called the killings “assassinations” to avoid pending prosecution for the alleged sex abuse of a girl.
The daughter who survived the brutal attack, reportedly testified during the trial and identified Thomas as the killer.
It took only two and a half hours of deliberation for the jury that consisted of seven women and five men to decide Thomas’ fate.
Thomas was convicted of , 2 counts of 1st-degree murder, 1 count of attempted homicide, and 1 count of burglary.
He is to be formally sentenced on Friday morning.
Thomas, who was convicted of killing a woman and her daughter in June 2015, has been sentenced to death by the jury. https://t.co/rBjsU6lzd1
— WPMT FOX43 (@fox43) June 15, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017