Jamaican Man Receives Death Sentence In The US For Double Homicide
On Wednesday night (June 14), a Jamaican-born man was sentenced to death for the murders of a mother and her teenage daughter by a jury in Pennsylvania (USA).
On June 11, 2015, 40-year-old Leeton Thomas reportedly stabbed to death Lisa Scheetz, 44, and her daughter, Hailey, 16 in their basement apartment.
According to Fox43, during trial, Assistant District Attorney Christopher P. Larsen told the jury that Thomas cut a window in the screen of the victim’s home, entered, and then brutally stabbed the victim and her two daughters. Larsen called the killings “assassinations” to avoid pending prosecution for the alleged sex abuse of a girl.
The daughter who survived the brutal attack, reportedly testified during the trial and identified Thomas as the killer.
It took only two and a half hours of deliberation for the jury that consisted of seven women and five men to decide Thomas’ fate.
Thomas was convicted of , 2 counts of 1st-degree murder, 1 count of attempted homicide, and 1 count of burglary.
He is to be formally sentenced on Friday morning.
Thomas, who was convicted of killing a woman and her daughter in June 2015, has been sentenced to death by the jury. https://t.co/rBjsU6lzd1
— WPMT FOX43 (@fox43) June 15, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018