Jamaican Man Receives Death Sentence In The US For Double Homicide
On Wednesday night (June 14), a Jamaican-born man was sentenced to death for the murders of a mother and her teenage daughter by a jury in Pennsylvania (USA).
On June 11, 2015, 40-year-old Leeton Thomas reportedly stabbed to death Lisa Scheetz, 44, and her daughter, Hailey, 16 in their basement apartment.
According to Fox43, during trial, Assistant District Attorney Christopher P. Larsen told the jury that Thomas cut a window in the screen of the victim’s home, entered, and then brutally stabbed the victim and her two daughters. Larsen called the killings “assassinations” to avoid pending prosecution for the alleged sex abuse of a girl.
The daughter who survived the brutal attack, reportedly testified during the trial and identified Thomas as the killer.
It took only two and a half hours of deliberation for the jury that consisted of seven women and five men to decide Thomas’ fate.
Thomas was convicted of , 2 counts of 1st-degree murder, 1 count of attempted homicide, and 1 count of burglary.
He is to be formally sentenced on Friday morning.
Thomas, who was convicted of killing a woman and her daughter in June 2015, has been sentenced to death by the jury. https://t.co/rBjsU6lzd1
— WPMT FOX43 (@fox43) June 15, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017