Jamaican Man Receives Death Sentence In The US For Double Homicide
On Wednesday night (June 14), a Jamaican-born man was sentenced to death for the murders of a mother and her teenage daughter by a jury in Pennsylvania (USA).
On June 11, 2015, 40-year-old Leeton Thomas reportedly stabbed to death Lisa Scheetz, 44, and her daughter, Hailey, 16 in their basement apartment.
According to Fox43, during trial, Assistant District Attorney Christopher P. Larsen told the jury that Thomas cut a window in the screen of the victim’s home, entered, and then brutally stabbed the victim and her two daughters. Larsen called the killings “assassinations” to avoid pending prosecution for the alleged sex abuse of a girl.
The daughter who survived the brutal attack, reportedly testified during the trial and identified Thomas as the killer.
It took only two and a half hours of deliberation for the jury that consisted of seven women and five men to decide Thomas’ fate.
Thomas was convicted of , 2 counts of 1st-degree murder, 1 count of attempted homicide, and 1 count of burglary.
He is to be formally sentenced on Friday morning.
Thomas, who was convicted of killing a woman and her daughter in June 2015, has been sentenced to death by the jury. https://t.co/rBjsU6lzd1
— WPMT FOX43 (@fox43) June 15, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017