GSAT Scores Improve
The Ministry of Education yesterday revealed that with the exception of one subject, this year’s Grade Six Achievement Test (GSAT) scores showed “notable improvement” over those recorded last year.
According to the ministry, Mathematics, had been on the decline, moved up 4.2 percentage points to 62.4 per cent; language arts moved up 4.4 percentage points to 72.8 per cent; communication task moved 4.2 percentage points to 76.2 per cent; and social studies went from 68.9 per cent in 2016 to 70.6 per cent this year.
However Science, which enjoyed an incremental increase in performance from 2014 to 2016, declined 4.5 percentage points this year, from 69.2 per cent to 64.7 per cent.
The ministry also stated that 99 per cent of the students who sat the exam have already been placed in high schools, as opposed to all-age and junior high schools.
Over 38,000 students took GSAT exams between March 16 and 17 of this year.
Education Minister Ruel Reid also praised students saying “The entire Ministry of Education, Youth and Information congratulates our students on their performance and wish them continued success in pursuing an education.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017