GSAT Scores Improve
The Ministry of Education yesterday revealed that with the exception of one subject, this year’s Grade Six Achievement Test (GSAT) scores showed “notable improvement” over those recorded last year.
According to the ministry, Mathematics, had been on the decline, moved up 4.2 percentage points to 62.4 per cent; language arts moved up 4.4 percentage points to 72.8 per cent; communication task moved 4.2 percentage points to 76.2 per cent; and social studies went from 68.9 per cent in 2016 to 70.6 per cent this year.
However Science, which enjoyed an incremental increase in performance from 2014 to 2016, declined 4.5 percentage points this year, from 69.2 per cent to 64.7 per cent.
The ministry also stated that 99 per cent of the students who sat the exam have already been placed in high schools, as opposed to all-age and junior high schools.
Over 38,000 students took GSAT exams between March 16 and 17 of this year.
Education Minister Ruel Reid also praised students saying “The entire Ministry of Education, Youth and Information congratulates our students on their performance and wish them continued success in pursuing an education.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017