Former GG’s Wife, Lady Cooke, Dies At 100
Lady Cooke – the wife of the late former Governor General, Sir Howard Cooke has died.
She passed away at the Andrews Memorial Hospital on Monday at 100 years of age.
Following her passing, Prime Minister Andre Holness described her as an outstanding educator who held several leadership positions in the education field.
“Lady Cooke served the nation well. She was passionate about education, child development and guidance counselling,” Holness said.
“I extend most sincere condolences to her family and friends. During this difficult time, I pray they will be comforted by the wonderful memories they shared with her,” he added.
Lady Cooke is survived by two sons, Justice Howard Fitz-Arthur Cooke, retired Judge of the Court of Appeal; and Richard Washington McDermott Cooke, hotelier; and daughter, Audrey Faith Cooke, a consultant in international affairs.
She was born June 27, 1916. Lady Ivy Lucille Cooke (nee Pyee) married Howard Cooke in July 1939 and served with him at Kings House from 1991-2006.
Howard Cooke passed away in 2014.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017
- Jamaica Soars On Latest FIFA Ranking Following 2nd Place Gold Cup Finish - August 16, 2017
- Returning Residents Robbed By Gunmen Just Minutes After Leaving Airport - August 15, 2017
- Bolt To Finally Play For Manchester United In ‘Legends’ Game Against Barcelona - August 15, 2017
- Just In: South East St Mary MP, Dr Winston Green Dies - August 14, 2017