Former GG’s Wife, Lady Cooke, Dies At 100
Lady Cooke – the wife of the late former Governor General, Sir Howard Cooke has died.
She passed away at the Andrews Memorial Hospital on Monday at 100 years of age.
Following her passing, Prime Minister Andre Holness described her as an outstanding educator who held several leadership positions in the education field.
“Lady Cooke served the nation well. She was passionate about education, child development and guidance counselling,” Holness said.
“I extend most sincere condolences to her family and friends. During this difficult time, I pray they will be comforted by the wonderful memories they shared with her,” he added.
Lady Cooke is survived by two sons, Justice Howard Fitz-Arthur Cooke, retired Judge of the Court of Appeal; and Richard Washington McDermott Cooke, hotelier; and daughter, Audrey Faith Cooke, a consultant in international affairs.
She was born June 27, 1916. Lady Ivy Lucille Cooke (nee Pyee) married Howard Cooke in July 1939 and served with him at Kings House from 1991-2006.
Howard Cooke passed away in 2014.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017