Former GG’s Wife, Lady Cooke, Dies At 100
Lady Cooke – the wife of the late former Governor General, Sir Howard Cooke has died.
She passed away at the Andrews Memorial Hospital on Monday at 100 years of age.
Following her passing, Prime Minister Andre Holness described her as an outstanding educator who held several leadership positions in the education field.
“Lady Cooke served the nation well. She was passionate about education, child development and guidance counselling,” Holness said.
“I extend most sincere condolences to her family and friends. During this difficult time, I pray they will be comforted by the wonderful memories they shared with her,” he added.
Lady Cooke is survived by two sons, Justice Howard Fitz-Arthur Cooke, retired Judge of the Court of Appeal; and Richard Washington McDermott Cooke, hotelier; and daughter, Audrey Faith Cooke, a consultant in international affairs.
She was born June 27, 1916. Lady Ivy Lucille Cooke (nee Pyee) married Howard Cooke in July 1939 and served with him at Kings House from 1991-2006.
Howard Cooke passed away in 2014.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017