Captain Horace Burrell to Get Big Send-Off
A funeral service for late Jamaica Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell will be held at the National Arena on June 28.
The announcement was made yesterday by Minister of Culture, gender, Entertainment and Sport, the Honourable Olivia Grange. White speaking in parliament on Tuesday, Minister Grange said:
“Our country owes Captain Burrell a huge debt of gratitude for his work.”
“In this regard, I am pleased to announce that Captain Burrell’s family will have one hundred percent support from the Government and from my Ministry to assist in planning his funeral.”
“A committee has been established which includes the JFF, the staff of the Ministry of Sports, and his family to make those arrangements.”
Minister Grange announced that the funeral service is to take place at the National Arena on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 beginning at 10 am with a Tribute Concert followed by a Service of Thanksgiving, in keeping with the family’s wish for a celebratory event.
Interment will be at Up Park Camp.
Burrell, who had been ill for some time, passed away last week Tuesday at the John Hopkins Oncology Centre in Baltimore after losing his battle with cancer.
He was 67 years old at the time of his passing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017