Captain Horace Burrell to Get Big Send-Off
A funeral service for late Jamaica Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell will be held at the National Arena on June 28.
The announcement was made yesterday by Minister of Culture, gender, Entertainment and Sport, the Honourable Olivia Grange. White speaking in parliament on Tuesday, Minister Grange said:
“Our country owes Captain Burrell a huge debt of gratitude for his work.”
“In this regard, I am pleased to announce that Captain Burrell’s family will have one hundred percent support from the Government and from my Ministry to assist in planning his funeral.”
“A committee has been established which includes the JFF, the staff of the Ministry of Sports, and his family to make those arrangements.”
Minister Grange announced that the funeral service is to take place at the National Arena on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 beginning at 10 am with a Tribute Concert followed by a Service of Thanksgiving, in keeping with the family’s wish for a celebratory event.
Interment will be at Up Park Camp.
Burrell, who had been ill for some time, passed away last week Tuesday at the John Hopkins Oncology Centre in Baltimore after losing his battle with cancer.
He was 67 years old at the time of his passing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017