Captain Horace Burrell to Get Big Send-Off
A funeral service for late Jamaica Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell will be held at the National Arena on June 28.
The announcement was made yesterday by Minister of Culture, gender, Entertainment and Sport, the Honourable Olivia Grange. White speaking in parliament on Tuesday, Minister Grange said:
“Our country owes Captain Burrell a huge debt of gratitude for his work.”
“In this regard, I am pleased to announce that Captain Burrell’s family will have one hundred percent support from the Government and from my Ministry to assist in planning his funeral.”
“A committee has been established which includes the JFF, the staff of the Ministry of Sports, and his family to make those arrangements.”
Minister Grange announced that the funeral service is to take place at the National Arena on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 beginning at 10 am with a Tribute Concert followed by a Service of Thanksgiving, in keeping with the family’s wish for a celebratory event.
Interment will be at Up Park Camp.
Burrell, who had been ill for some time, passed away last week Tuesday at the John Hopkins Oncology Centre in Baltimore after losing his battle with cancer.
He was 67 years old at the time of his passing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018