Captain Horace Burrell to Get Big Send-Off
A funeral service for late Jamaica Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell will be held at the National Arena on June 28.
The announcement was made yesterday by Minister of Culture, gender, Entertainment and Sport, the Honourable Olivia Grange. White speaking in parliament on Tuesday, Minister Grange said:
“Our country owes Captain Burrell a huge debt of gratitude for his work.”
“In this regard, I am pleased to announce that Captain Burrell’s family will have one hundred percent support from the Government and from my Ministry to assist in planning his funeral.”
“A committee has been established which includes the JFF, the staff of the Ministry of Sports, and his family to make those arrangements.”
Minister Grange announced that the funeral service is to take place at the National Arena on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 beginning at 10 am with a Tribute Concert followed by a Service of Thanksgiving, in keeping with the family’s wish for a celebratory event.
Interment will be at Up Park Camp.
Burrell, who had been ill for some time, passed away last week Tuesday at the John Hopkins Oncology Centre in Baltimore after losing his battle with cancer.
He was 67 years old at the time of his passing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017
- Jamaica Soars On Latest FIFA Ranking Following 2nd Place Gold Cup Finish - August 16, 2017
- Returning Residents Robbed By Gunmen Just Minutes After Leaving Airport - August 15, 2017
- Bolt To Finally Play For Manchester United In ‘Legends’ Game Against Barcelona - August 15, 2017
- Just In: South East St Mary MP, Dr Winston Green Dies - August 14, 2017