Captain Horace Burrell to Get Big Send-Off
A funeral service for late Jamaica Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell will be held at the National Arena on June 28.
The announcement was made yesterday by Minister of Culture, gender, Entertainment and Sport, the Honourable Olivia Grange. White speaking in parliament on Tuesday, Minister Grange said:
“Our country owes Captain Burrell a huge debt of gratitude for his work.”
“In this regard, I am pleased to announce that Captain Burrell’s family will have one hundred percent support from the Government and from my Ministry to assist in planning his funeral.”
“A committee has been established which includes the JFF, the staff of the Ministry of Sports, and his family to make those arrangements.”
Minister Grange announced that the funeral service is to take place at the National Arena on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 beginning at 10 am with a Tribute Concert followed by a Service of Thanksgiving, in keeping with the family’s wish for a celebratory event.
Interment will be at Up Park Camp.
Burrell, who had been ill for some time, passed away last week Tuesday at the John Hopkins Oncology Centre in Baltimore after losing his battle with cancer.
He was 67 years old at the time of his passing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017