Bolt Wins Final Race in Jamaica
On Saturday night, the world’s fastest man – Usain Bolt won his final competitive race on Jamaican soil at the second JN Racers Grand Prix at the National Stadium.
Bolt clocked 10.03 seconds to finish first in front of a jam-packed stadium.
The eight-time Olympic gold medallist had a very poor start but utilised his tremendous top speed to take control of the race and record a comfortable win.
The meet was held under the banner “Salute to a Legend” and specifically honoured Usain Bolt.
Jamaican athletes Jevaughn Minzie and Warren Weir, finished second and third with respective times of 10.15 and 10.18.
Last year, Bolt became the first person in history to win three sprinting gold medals in three consecutive Olympics at the Rio Games in Brazil. However, his tally of medals was reduced to eight earlier this year after the International Olympic Committee stripped Jamaica of the men’s 4×100-metre relay gold they won in Beijing in 2008, due to a failed drug test by Nesta Carter.
Bolt will compete in three more competitive races before retiring – Ostrava (June 28), Monaco (July 21) and the August 4-13 World Championships in London, United Kingston.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018