Bolt Wins Final Race in Jamaica
On Saturday night, the world’s fastest man – Usain Bolt won his final competitive race on Jamaican soil at the second JN Racers Grand Prix at the National Stadium.
Bolt clocked 10.03 seconds to finish first in front of a jam-packed stadium.
The eight-time Olympic gold medallist had a very poor start but utilised his tremendous top speed to take control of the race and record a comfortable win.
The meet was held under the banner “Salute to a Legend” and specifically honoured Usain Bolt.
Jamaican athletes Jevaughn Minzie and Warren Weir, finished second and third with respective times of 10.15 and 10.18.
Last year, Bolt became the first person in history to win three sprinting gold medals in three consecutive Olympics at the Rio Games in Brazil. However, his tally of medals was reduced to eight earlier this year after the International Olympic Committee stripped Jamaica of the men’s 4×100-metre relay gold they won in Beijing in 2008, due to a failed drug test by Nesta Carter.
Bolt will compete in three more competitive races before retiring – Ostrava (June 28), Monaco (July 21) and the August 4-13 World Championships in London, United Kingston.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Ninjaman To Be Sentenced Next Monday - December 16, 2017
- Hyundai Motor Launches “Be There With Hyundai” Fan Competition for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - December 15, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch Discontinued For Northern Parishes - December 15, 2017
- Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey - December 14, 2017
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017