Bolt Wins Final Race in Jamaica
On Saturday night, the world’s fastest man – Usain Bolt won his final competitive race on Jamaican soil at the second JN Racers Grand Prix at the National Stadium.
Bolt clocked 10.03 seconds to finish first in front of a jam-packed stadium.
The eight-time Olympic gold medallist had a very poor start but utilised his tremendous top speed to take control of the race and record a comfortable win.
The meet was held under the banner “Salute to a Legend” and specifically honoured Usain Bolt.
Jamaican athletes Jevaughn Minzie and Warren Weir, finished second and third with respective times of 10.15 and 10.18.
Last year, Bolt became the first person in history to win three sprinting gold medals in three consecutive Olympics at the Rio Games in Brazil. However, his tally of medals was reduced to eight earlier this year after the International Olympic Committee stripped Jamaica of the men’s 4×100-metre relay gold they won in Beijing in 2008, due to a failed drug test by Nesta Carter.
Bolt will compete in three more competitive races before retiring – Ostrava (June 28), Monaco (July 21) and the August 4-13 World Championships in London, United Kingston.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017
- Jamaica Soars On Latest FIFA Ranking Following 2nd Place Gold Cup Finish - August 16, 2017
- Returning Residents Robbed By Gunmen Just Minutes After Leaving Airport - August 15, 2017
- Bolt To Finally Play For Manchester United In ‘Legends’ Game Against Barcelona - August 15, 2017
- Just In: South East St Mary MP, Dr Winston Green Dies - August 14, 2017