Bolt Wins Final Race in Jamaica
On Saturday night, the world’s fastest man – Usain Bolt won his final competitive race on Jamaican soil at the second JN Racers Grand Prix at the National Stadium.
Bolt clocked 10.03 seconds to finish first in front of a jam-packed stadium.
The eight-time Olympic gold medallist had a very poor start but utilised his tremendous top speed to take control of the race and record a comfortable win.
The meet was held under the banner “Salute to a Legend” and specifically honoured Usain Bolt.
Jamaican athletes Jevaughn Minzie and Warren Weir, finished second and third with respective times of 10.15 and 10.18.
Last year, Bolt became the first person in history to win three sprinting gold medals in three consecutive Olympics at the Rio Games in Brazil. However, his tally of medals was reduced to eight earlier this year after the International Olympic Committee stripped Jamaica of the men’s 4×100-metre relay gold they won in Beijing in 2008, due to a failed drug test by Nesta Carter.
Bolt will compete in three more competitive races before retiring – Ostrava (June 28), Monaco (July 21) and the August 4-13 World Championships in London, United Kingston.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018