14-Yr-Old Girl Among Four Killed in Hanover Shooting
Two females, including a 14-year-old girl, were reportedly among four family members who were shot and killed during an invasion of their Hanover home by unknown assailants early Tuesday morning (June 13).
Police have not yet released the identities of the deceased.
Reports are that at approximately 1:00 am, gunmen invaded a home in Mount Pleasant, Hanover and shot the four persons dead.
No motive has yet been established for the deadly attack.
Opposition Spokesman on National Security, Peter Bunting recently expressed concern for the country’s spiralling murder rate.
In a statement, Mr Bunting said the murder rate is spiraling out of control with the latest JCF statistics revealing
that 639 murders have occurred up to June 10, or a 19 percent increase in the number of murders year-to-date
compared to 2016.
The 137 murders committed in May reflected the highest month since the Tivoli Operation in 2010.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017