World Record-Breaking Shoes Worn By Bolt to Be Auctioned For Charity
The track shoes worn by Usain Bolt at the unforgettable Berlin World Championships in 2009 are reportedly set to be auctioned in the not too distant future for charity.
A release by King’s House revealed that Bolt presented the shoes to Lady Allen – the wife of the Governor General Sir Patrick Allen in support of her patronage to the Issa Trust Foundation.
The nonprofit organization has been providing equipment, medical service and treatment for the paediatric ward at hospitals across Jamaica.
According to The Observer, Lady Allen said the track shoes will be auctioned to help raise funds for the foundation.
“Usain willingly came on board to support the work of the foundation three years ago when he initially gave me the track shoes, but today (Wednesday, May 10) we are renewing that purpose,” Lady Allen said.
The shoes will reportedly go on auction two weeks ahead of a June 24 fundraising concert featuring Grammy award winning group, Air Supply, where the auction will end.
— 短距離動画bot (@rik_channel) May 13, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017
- Watch: Spice On Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta - May 25, 2017
- Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart - May 24, 2017
- PM Extends Condolences to The UK Following Terrorist Attack - May 24, 2017
- Man Perishes in Car Crash in Trelawny - May 23, 2017
- Sunshine Girls Suffer First Ever Defeat to Barbados - May 23, 2017
- Busy Signal Gets US Work Permit - May 22, 2017
- Over 25,000 Young People to Receive Employment Via Summer Work Programme - May 22, 2017
- Man Dies in Horrific Accident After Allegedly Stealing Car - May 21, 2017
- 9-Yr-Old Girl Shot By Gunmen in West Kingston - May 21, 2017