World Record-Breaking Shoes Worn By Bolt to Be Auctioned For Charity
The track shoes worn by Usain Bolt at the unforgettable Berlin World Championships in 2009 are reportedly set to be auctioned in the not too distant future for charity.
A release by King’s House revealed that Bolt presented the shoes to Lady Allen – the wife of the Governor General Sir Patrick Allen in support of her patronage to the Issa Trust Foundation.
The nonprofit organization has been providing equipment, medical service and treatment for the paediatric ward at hospitals across Jamaica.
According to The Observer, Lady Allen said the track shoes will be auctioned to help raise funds for the foundation.
“Usain willingly came on board to support the work of the foundation three years ago when he initially gave me the track shoes, but today (Wednesday, May 10) we are renewing that purpose,” Lady Allen said.
The shoes will reportedly go on auction two weeks ahead of a June 24 fundraising concert featuring Grammy award winning group, Air Supply, where the auction will end.
— 短距離動画bot (@rik_channel) May 13, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017
- Ian Boyne Recuperating Following Medical Emergency, Says “I Am Grateful To God” - December 7, 2017
- US Agents Intercept Over 100 Guns, Ammo Destined For Jamaica - December 6, 2017
- Jamaican Islamic Cleric Labelled ‘Global Terrorist’ By US - December 6, 2017