World Record-Breaking Shoes Worn By Bolt to Be Auctioned For Charity
The track shoes worn by Usain Bolt at the unforgettable Berlin World Championships in 2009 are reportedly set to be auctioned in the not too distant future for charity.
A release by King’s House revealed that Bolt presented the shoes to Lady Allen – the wife of the Governor General Sir Patrick Allen in support of her patronage to the Issa Trust Foundation.
The nonprofit organization has been providing equipment, medical service and treatment for the paediatric ward at hospitals across Jamaica.
According to The Observer, Lady Allen said the track shoes will be auctioned to help raise funds for the foundation.
“Usain willingly came on board to support the work of the foundation three years ago when he initially gave me the track shoes, but today (Wednesday, May 10) we are renewing that purpose,” Lady Allen said.
The shoes will reportedly go on auction two weeks ahead of a June 24 fundraising concert featuring Grammy award winning group, Air Supply, where the auction will end.
— 短距離動画bot (@rik_channel) May 13, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017
- Little Girl Among Three Shot Dead in Kingston - June 23, 2017