Trelawny Taxi Operator Reportedly Killed In Front Of Passengers
A “robot” taxi operator was reportedly shot dead while on the job in Trelawny on Tuesday night (May 16).
The deceased is 36-year-old Dwayne Marriett, also called “Paul”, of a Daniel Town, Trelawny address.
Reports are that at approximately 8:45, Marriett, who plied the route between Falmouth and Florence Hall, was driving along Seaboard Street in Falmouth, loaded with passengers, when he was shot multiple times by unknown assailants who were travelling in a car which drove up beside his taxi.
Frightened passengers reportedly scrambled from the cab, leaving the bullet-riddled driver. Marriett was subsequently taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
None of the passengers were hurt.
Police have not yet established a motive for the murder.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018