Trelawny Taxi Operator Reportedly Killed In Front Of Passengers
A “robot” taxi operator was reportedly shot dead while on the job in Trelawny on Tuesday night (May 16).
The deceased is 36-year-old Dwayne Marriett, also called “Paul”, of a Daniel Town, Trelawny address.
Reports are that at approximately 8:45, Marriett, who plied the route between Falmouth and Florence Hall, was driving along Seaboard Street in Falmouth, loaded with passengers, when he was shot multiple times by unknown assailants who were travelling in a car which drove up beside his taxi.
Frightened passengers reportedly scrambled from the cab, leaving the bullet-riddled driver. Marriett was subsequently taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
None of the passengers were hurt.
Police have not yet established a motive for the murder.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017
- Watch: Spice On Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta - May 25, 2017
- Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart - May 24, 2017
- PM Extends Condolences to The UK Following Terrorist Attack - May 24, 2017
- Man Perishes in Car Crash in Trelawny - May 23, 2017
- Sunshine Girls Suffer First Ever Defeat to Barbados - May 23, 2017
- Busy Signal Gets US Work Permit - May 22, 2017
- Over 25,000 Young People to Receive Employment Via Summer Work Programme - May 22, 2017
- Man Dies in Horrific Accident After Allegedly Stealing Car - May 21, 2017
- 9-Yr-Old Girl Shot By Gunmen in West Kingston - May 21, 2017