Trelawny Taxi Operator Reportedly Killed In Front Of Passengers
A “robot” taxi operator was reportedly shot dead while on the job in Trelawny on Tuesday night (May 16).
The deceased is 36-year-old Dwayne Marriett, also called “Paul”, of a Daniel Town, Trelawny address.
Reports are that at approximately 8:45, Marriett, who plied the route between Falmouth and Florence Hall, was driving along Seaboard Street in Falmouth, loaded with passengers, when he was shot multiple times by unknown assailants who were travelling in a car which drove up beside his taxi.
Frightened passengers reportedly scrambled from the cab, leaving the bullet-riddled driver. Marriett was subsequently taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
None of the passengers were hurt.
Police have not yet established a motive for the murder.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017
- Firearms Seized At Sangster International Airport, Two US Nationals Charged – JCF - November 15, 2017