Trelawny Taxi Operator Reportedly Killed In Front Of Passengers
A “robot” taxi operator was reportedly shot dead while on the job in Trelawny on Tuesday night (May 16).
The deceased is 36-year-old Dwayne Marriett, also called “Paul”, of a Daniel Town, Trelawny address.
Reports are that at approximately 8:45, Marriett, who plied the route between Falmouth and Florence Hall, was driving along Seaboard Street in Falmouth, loaded with passengers, when he was shot multiple times by unknown assailants who were travelling in a car which drove up beside his taxi.
Frightened passengers reportedly scrambled from the cab, leaving the bullet-riddled driver. Marriett was subsequently taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
None of the passengers were hurt.
Police have not yet established a motive for the murder.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018