Trelawny Taxi Operator Reportedly Killed In Front Of Passengers
A “robot” taxi operator was reportedly shot dead while on the job in Trelawny on Tuesday night (May 16).
The deceased is 36-year-old Dwayne Marriett, also called “Paul”, of a Daniel Town, Trelawny address.
Reports are that at approximately 8:45, Marriett, who plied the route between Falmouth and Florence Hall, was driving along Seaboard Street in Falmouth, loaded with passengers, when he was shot multiple times by unknown assailants who were travelling in a car which drove up beside his taxi.
Frightened passengers reportedly scrambled from the cab, leaving the bullet-riddled driver. Marriett was subsequently taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
None of the passengers were hurt.
Police have not yet established a motive for the murder.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017