Thompson Beats Schippers Again
Jamaica’s two-time Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson today continued her excellent run of form this year.
This after outpacing her Dutch rival Dafne Schippers to comfortably win the 200m at the Doha Diamond League.
Thompson crossed the line in 22.19 seconds, well ahead of Schippers who finished in a time of 22.45.
Her compatriots Simone Facey and Veronica Campbell-Brown finished 4th and 5th respectively with times of 23.00 and 23.09.
Asafa Powell narrowly missed out on an oppopportunity claim his 99th 100m sub 10 clocking, after clocking 10.08 for second position behind South African Akani Simbine.
America’s Justin Gatlin and Canada’s Anthony de Grasse finished 4th and 5th with times of 10.14 and 10.21 respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017