Thompson Beats Schippers Again
Jamaica’s two-time Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson today continued her excellent run of form this year.
This after outpacing her Dutch rival Dafne Schippers to comfortably win the 200m at the Doha Diamond League.
Thompson crossed the line in 22.19 seconds, well ahead of Schippers who finished in a time of 22.45.
Her compatriots Simone Facey and Veronica Campbell-Brown finished 4th and 5th respectively with times of 23.00 and 23.09.
Asafa Powell narrowly missed out on an oppopportunity claim his 99th 100m sub 10 clocking, after clocking 10.08 for second position behind South African Akani Simbine.
America’s Justin Gatlin and Canada’s Anthony de Grasse finished 4th and 5th with times of 10.14 and 10.21 respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018