Thompson Beats Schippers Again
Jamaica’s two-time Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson today continued her excellent run of form this year.
This after outpacing her Dutch rival Dafne Schippers to comfortably win the 200m at the Doha Diamond League.
Thompson crossed the line in 22.19 seconds, well ahead of Schippers who finished in a time of 22.45.
Her compatriots Simone Facey and Veronica Campbell-Brown finished 4th and 5th respectively with times of 23.00 and 23.09.
Asafa Powell narrowly missed out on an oppopportunity claim his 99th 100m sub 10 clocking, after clocking 10.08 for second position behind South African Akani Simbine.
America’s Justin Gatlin and Canada’s Anthony de Grasse finished 4th and 5th with times of 10.14 and 10.21 respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018