Thompson Beats Schippers Again
Jamaica’s two-time Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson today continued her excellent run of form this year.
This after outpacing her Dutch rival Dafne Schippers to comfortably win the 200m at the Doha Diamond League.
Thompson crossed the line in 22.19 seconds, well ahead of Schippers who finished in a time of 22.45.
Her compatriots Simone Facey and Veronica Campbell-Brown finished 4th and 5th respectively with times of 23.00 and 23.09.
Asafa Powell narrowly missed out on an oppopportunity claim his 99th 100m sub 10 clocking, after clocking 10.08 for second position behind South African Akani Simbine.
America’s Justin Gatlin and Canada’s Anthony de Grasse finished 4th and 5th with times of 10.14 and 10.21 respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- 17-Yr-Old Girl Goes Missing – JCF - June 22, 2017
- 10-Yr-Old Hospitalised After Allegedly Being Assaulted By Woman - June 22, 2017
- Jawara McIntosh, Son of Legendary Reggae Artist Peter Tosh, Beaten Into A Coma While Serving 6 Month Marijuana Sentence - June 21, 2017
- PALAS Receives 2017 People Profile Charity Award, Now Planning First PALAS Telethon - June 21, 2017
- No Confirmed Case of Cholera in Jamaica - June 21, 2017
- Jamaica’s Population Growth Continues to Slow - June 20, 2017
- Over 230,000 Traffic Tickets Issued Up to June 9, 2017 - June 20, 2017
- Police Reportedly Find Body Parts of Man at Kingston Motel - June 19, 2017
- Higher Toll Rates Expected July 1 - June 19, 2017
- Record One Million Visitors to Jamaica In 6 Month Period - June 18, 2017