Thompson Beats Schippers Again
Jamaica’s two-time Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson today continued her excellent run of form this year.
This after outpacing her Dutch rival Dafne Schippers to comfortably win the 200m at the Doha Diamond League.
Thompson crossed the line in 22.19 seconds, well ahead of Schippers who finished in a time of 22.45.
Her compatriots Simone Facey and Veronica Campbell-Brown finished 4th and 5th respectively with times of 23.00 and 23.09.
Asafa Powell narrowly missed out on an oppopportunity claim his 99th 100m sub 10 clocking, after clocking 10.08 for second position behind South African Akani Simbine.
America’s Justin Gatlin and Canada’s Anthony de Grasse finished 4th and 5th with times of 10.14 and 10.21 respectively.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017