The Sprinter Factory – Documentary Highlights Young Jamaican Athletes and CHAMPS
‘The Sprinter Factory shows some of Jamaica’s young girls run as fast as they can to be the island’s new sprint champions.
This is the story of the Champs national youth athletics competition that could change their lives.
The documentary, released by The Guardian is directed by Isaac Solotaroff and produced by Natasha Dack-Ojumu.
The short film features Okhalia, Alesha and Shellece – who have their sights set on being the next Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, the adored sprinting champion famous across Jamaica.
Check out the Documentary below:
Director: Isaac Solotaroff
Producer: Natasha Dack-Ojumu
Editors: Isaac Solotaroff and Noah Payne-Frank
Executive producers for the Guardian: Charlie Phillips and Lindsay Poulton
This video is produced in collaboration with the Sundance Institute Short Documentary Fund supported by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017