Reggae Super Star Gyptian Leaves VP Records Music Group
Reggae Super-Star, Gyptian, announces his departure from VP Records effective immediately due to the expiration of his contract which was not renewed by VP Records.
The ultra successful Reggae / Dancehall artist, who delivered Billboard topping albums ‘My Name is Gyptian’ in 2006, ‘I Can Feel Your Pain’ in 2008, ‘Hold You’ in 2010 and ‘Sex, Love and Reggae’ in 2013, as well as earned multiple international awards and a gold selling anthem, has reached the decision to move on from his lengthy career with the label.
“It has been a great journey with special memories made and I’m thankful for all the opportunities, but unfortunately I have decided to part ways with VP Music Group.
The contract offered a clause in which VP Music Group could renew the option to continue making music with Gyptian, and after two years, the artist and his management team realize that, that option will not be renewed.
As Gyptian embraces the beginning of a new musical chapter in his life, he’s eager to get in the studio and make music under his own label, Ryte Dyrekshan Records.
Gpptian states: “It’s time I get back to doing what I love which is making music, and time for my fans to hear from me again so I can get in the road and see them. They’ve been asking and begging for new music, time to make that happen.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018