Jamaica Ranked Among Riskiest Countries To Do Business – Study
A recently published study by property insurance group FM Global, FM Global Resilience Index (2017) ranks Jamaica among the riskiest countries in the world to do business with.
The annual publication, ranks 130 countries and territories according to their enterprise resilience to disruptive events.
The study, which gave equal weight to three factors – economic, risk quality and the supply chain — including cyber-attacks, natural hazards and supply chain failure — ranked Jamaica at 117 of 130 countries.
The index is said to be based on data provided by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Economic Forum and the World Bank.
Jamaica was ranked the second most risky country to invest in the Caribbean, after Haiti, which was at the lowest position overall on the list of 130 countries.
Jamaica was ranked just below Guinea at 116, and Cameroon at 115, and one position ahead of Iran, which was ranked at 118 of the 130 countries.
Panama was ranked as having the lowest risk across the Caribbean at position 58, followed by Costa Rica at 59, Trinidad and Tobago at 61, and the Dominican Republic at 96.
Switzerland occupies to top position, followed by Luxembourg. Luxembourg was reported to have shown steady improvement to move from number 8 in 2013 to number 2 in 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017