Jamaica Ranked Among Riskiest Countries To Do Business – Study
A recently published study by property insurance group FM Global, FM Global Resilience Index (2017) ranks Jamaica among the riskiest countries in the world to do business with.
The annual publication, ranks 130 countries and territories according to their enterprise resilience to disruptive events.
The study, which gave equal weight to three factors – economic, risk quality and the supply chain — including cyber-attacks, natural hazards and supply chain failure — ranked Jamaica at 117 of 130 countries.
The index is said to be based on data provided by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Economic Forum and the World Bank.
Jamaica was ranked the second most risky country to invest in the Caribbean, after Haiti, which was at the lowest position overall on the list of 130 countries.
Jamaica was ranked just below Guinea at 116, and Cameroon at 115, and one position ahead of Iran, which was ranked at 118 of the 130 countries.
Panama was ranked as having the lowest risk across the Caribbean at position 58, followed by Costa Rica at 59, Trinidad and Tobago at 61, and the Dominican Republic at 96.
Switzerland occupies to top position, followed by Luxembourg. Luxembourg was reported to have shown steady improvement to move from number 8 in 2013 to number 2 in 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017
- Watch: Spice On Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta - May 25, 2017
- Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart - May 24, 2017
- PM Extends Condolences to The UK Following Terrorist Attack - May 24, 2017
- Man Perishes in Car Crash in Trelawny - May 23, 2017
- Sunshine Girls Suffer First Ever Defeat to Barbados - May 23, 2017
- Busy Signal Gets US Work Permit - May 22, 2017
- Over 25,000 Young People to Receive Employment Via Summer Work Programme - May 22, 2017
- Man Dies in Horrific Accident After Allegedly Stealing Car - May 21, 2017
- 9-Yr-Old Girl Shot By Gunmen in West Kingston - May 21, 2017