Jamaica Ranked Among Riskiest Countries To Do Business – Study
A recently published study by property insurance group FM Global, FM Global Resilience Index (2017) ranks Jamaica among the riskiest countries in the world to do business with.
The annual publication, ranks 130 countries and territories according to their enterprise resilience to disruptive events.
The study, which gave equal weight to three factors – economic, risk quality and the supply chain — including cyber-attacks, natural hazards and supply chain failure — ranked Jamaica at 117 of 130 countries.
The index is said to be based on data provided by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Economic Forum and the World Bank.
Jamaica was ranked the second most risky country to invest in the Caribbean, after Haiti, which was at the lowest position overall on the list of 130 countries.
Jamaica was ranked just below Guinea at 116, and Cameroon at 115, and one position ahead of Iran, which was ranked at 118 of the 130 countries.
Panama was ranked as having the lowest risk across the Caribbean at position 58, followed by Costa Rica at 59, Trinidad and Tobago at 61, and the Dominican Republic at 96.
Switzerland occupies to top position, followed by Luxembourg. Luxembourg was reported to have shown steady improvement to move from number 8 in 2013 to number 2 in 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018