Jamaica Ranked Among Riskiest Countries To Do Business – Study
A recently published study by property insurance group FM Global, FM Global Resilience Index (2017) ranks Jamaica among the riskiest countries in the world to do business with.
The annual publication, ranks 130 countries and territories according to their enterprise resilience to disruptive events.
The study, which gave equal weight to three factors – economic, risk quality and the supply chain — including cyber-attacks, natural hazards and supply chain failure — ranked Jamaica at 117 of 130 countries.
The index is said to be based on data provided by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Economic Forum and the World Bank.
Jamaica was ranked the second most risky country to invest in the Caribbean, after Haiti, which was at the lowest position overall on the list of 130 countries.
Jamaica was ranked just below Guinea at 116, and Cameroon at 115, and one position ahead of Iran, which was ranked at 118 of the 130 countries.
Panama was ranked as having the lowest risk across the Caribbean at position 58, followed by Costa Rica at 59, Trinidad and Tobago at 61, and the Dominican Republic at 96.
Switzerland occupies to top position, followed by Luxembourg. Luxembourg was reported to have shown steady improvement to move from number 8 in 2013 to number 2 in 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018