Jamaica Ranked Among Riskiest Countries To Do Business – Study
A recently published study by property insurance group FM Global, FM Global Resilience Index (2017) ranks Jamaica among the riskiest countries in the world to do business with.
The annual publication, ranks 130 countries and territories according to their enterprise resilience to disruptive events.
The study, which gave equal weight to three factors – economic, risk quality and the supply chain — including cyber-attacks, natural hazards and supply chain failure — ranked Jamaica at 117 of 130 countries.
The index is said to be based on data provided by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Economic Forum and the World Bank.
Jamaica was ranked the second most risky country to invest in the Caribbean, after Haiti, which was at the lowest position overall on the list of 130 countries.
Jamaica was ranked just below Guinea at 116, and Cameroon at 115, and one position ahead of Iran, which was ranked at 118 of the 130 countries.
Panama was ranked as having the lowest risk across the Caribbean at position 58, followed by Costa Rica at 59, Trinidad and Tobago at 61, and the Dominican Republic at 96.
Switzerland occupies to top position, followed by Luxembourg. Luxembourg was reported to have shown steady improvement to move from number 8 in 2013 to number 2 in 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017