‘God Is Standing By’ Singer George Nooks Reportedly Arrested For Cocaine Possession
On Friday night, the entertainer George Nooks was reportedly arrested for cocaine possession.
Reports are that at approximately 9:00 pm, police were conducting an operation in Widcombe Heights, St Andrew when they observed Nooks – who lives in the community – acting in a manner that aroused their suspicion.
Police say, the God Is Standing By singer was walking towards his Mercedes Benz SUV with a brown paper bag in his hand and, as detectives approached him, he opened the vehicle and threw the paper bag inside.
“He was accosted and (the) bag he was carrying searched; the bag was found to contain just under two ounces of cocaine,” police said.
Nooks was subsequently arrested and charged for breaches of the Dangerous Drugs Act.
He has been offered bail in the sum of $80,000 and is to appear in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court on Wednesday, May 17.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017