Flash Flood Watch In Effect For All Parishes
Yesterday afternoon, the Meteorological (Met) Service issued a Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes, effective until 5:00 pm on Saturday.
According to the Met Service, unstable atmospheric conditions associated with a trough over the central Caribbean is expected to influence weather conditions across Jamaica until Sunday.
Projections are for moderate to heavy, and at times very heavy showers, to affect sections of most parishes, especially northern parishes through Sunday.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued by the Met Service.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Last month, heavy rains hammered several parts of the island reportedly resulting in losses and damage to the tune of close to half a billion dollars.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017
- Watch: Spice On Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta - May 25, 2017
- Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart - May 24, 2017
- PM Extends Condolences to The UK Following Terrorist Attack - May 24, 2017
- Man Perishes in Car Crash in Trelawny - May 23, 2017
- Sunshine Girls Suffer First Ever Defeat to Barbados - May 23, 2017
- Busy Signal Gets US Work Permit - May 22, 2017
- Over 25,000 Young People to Receive Employment Via Summer Work Programme - May 22, 2017
- Man Dies in Horrific Accident After Allegedly Stealing Car - May 21, 2017
- 9-Yr-Old Girl Shot By Gunmen in West Kingston - May 21, 2017