Flash Flood Watch In Effect For All Parishes
Yesterday afternoon, the Meteorological (Met) Service issued a Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes, effective until 5:00 pm on Saturday.
According to the Met Service, unstable atmospheric conditions associated with a trough over the central Caribbean is expected to influence weather conditions across Jamaica until Sunday.
Projections are for moderate to heavy, and at times very heavy showers, to affect sections of most parishes, especially northern parishes through Sunday.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued by the Met Service.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Last month, heavy rains hammered several parts of the island reportedly resulting in losses and damage to the tune of close to half a billion dollars.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017