Flash Flood Watch In Effect For All Parishes
Yesterday afternoon, the Meteorological (Met) Service issued a Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes, effective until 5:00 pm on Saturday.
According to the Met Service, unstable atmospheric conditions associated with a trough over the central Caribbean is expected to influence weather conditions across Jamaica until Sunday.
Projections are for moderate to heavy, and at times very heavy showers, to affect sections of most parishes, especially northern parishes through Sunday.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued by the Met Service.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Last month, heavy rains hammered several parts of the island reportedly resulting in losses and damage to the tune of close to half a billion dollars.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018