Flash Flood Warning Remains in Effect For Central And Eastern Parishes
The Meteorological Service (Met) has continued a Flash Flood Warning for low-lying and flood-prone areas of St. Ann, St. Mary, Portland, St. Thomas, Kingston and St. Andrew, St. Catherine, Clarendon and Manchester.
A Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of Hanover, St. James, Trelawny, Westmoreland and St. Elizabeth has also been extended – effective until 5:00 p.m. today.
As the persistent Trough lingers across Jamaica it continues to influence the weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and radar reports indicated light to moderate showers affected all parishes, especially sections of western and central parishes throughout last night into this morning
Projections are for showers, which may be heavy at times, along with thunderstorms, to affect sections of all parishes especially central and eastern parishes today until Thursday. Flash flooding is therefore imminent or possible over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of Jamaica.
A FLASH FLOOD WARNING means flooding has been reported or will occur shortly. Motorists and pedestrians should not attempt to cross flooded roadways or other low-lying areas as strong currents are likely. Residents in low-lying areas should be on the alert for rising waters and be ready to move quickly to higher ground.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017
- Watch: Spice On Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta - May 25, 2017
- Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart - May 24, 2017
- PM Extends Condolences to The UK Following Terrorist Attack - May 24, 2017
- Man Perishes in Car Crash in Trelawny - May 23, 2017
- Sunshine Girls Suffer First Ever Defeat to Barbados - May 23, 2017
- Busy Signal Gets US Work Permit - May 22, 2017
- Over 25,000 Young People to Receive Employment Via Summer Work Programme - May 22, 2017
- Man Dies in Horrific Accident After Allegedly Stealing Car - May 21, 2017
- 9-Yr-Old Girl Shot By Gunmen in West Kingston - May 21, 2017