Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart
The fraud case involving Carlos Hill, the former boss of Cash Plus Limited, the unregulated investment scheme that went bankrupt in 2008 has reportedly fallen apart.
Hill was charged with fraudulently inducing persons to invest in the failed investment club which saw depositors reportedly lose over US$100 million.
According to The Gleaner, Prosecutor Addley Duncan a short while ago told Justice Chester Stamp that the prosecution was offering no evidence against Hill.
The judge then ordered the jurors to return a verdict of not guilty.
Thousands of individuals who were expected to provide statements failed to do so, according to Duncan.
Duncan also reportedly stated “I have looked at the case and decided that based on the evidence that we have, we cannot prove the case against him.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018