Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart
The fraud case involving Carlos Hill, the former boss of Cash Plus Limited, the unregulated investment scheme that went bankrupt in 2008 has reportedly fallen apart.
Hill was charged with fraudulently inducing persons to invest in the failed investment club which saw depositors reportedly lose over US$100 million.
According to The Gleaner, Prosecutor Addley Duncan a short while ago told Justice Chester Stamp that the prosecution was offering no evidence against Hill.
The judge then ordered the jurors to return a verdict of not guilty.
Thousands of individuals who were expected to provide statements failed to do so, according to Duncan.
Duncan also reportedly stated “I have looked at the case and decided that based on the evidence that we have, we cannot prove the case against him.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017