Cash Plus Boss Freed As Fraud Case Falls Apart
The fraud case involving Carlos Hill, the former boss of Cash Plus Limited, the unregulated investment scheme that went bankrupt in 2008 has reportedly fallen apart.
Hill was charged with fraudulently inducing persons to invest in the failed investment club which saw depositors reportedly lose over US$100 million.
According to The Gleaner, Prosecutor Addley Duncan a short while ago told Justice Chester Stamp that the prosecution was offering no evidence against Hill.
The judge then ordered the jurors to return a verdict of not guilty.
Thousands of individuals who were expected to provide statements failed to do so, according to Duncan.
Duncan also reportedly stated “I have looked at the case and decided that based on the evidence that we have, we cannot prove the case against him.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018