Jamaica’s Chris Gayle Becomes First Batsman to Score 10, 000 Runs in T20 Cricket
Chris Gayle has once again etched his name in the record books.
The prolific batsman is now the first person in history to score, 10,000 runs in T20 cricket.
The monumental achievement was realised when Gayle smashed 77 off 38 balls to help propel Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) to a 21-run win over Gujarat Lions in the Indian Premier League.
Gayle, who has not competed for the West Indies in about a year was in splendid form as he earned his first half-century in 17 T20 innings.
RCB stormed to 213 in their allotted 20 overs while Lions were restricted to 192 for seven in their 20 overs.
Gayle has already shattered numerous records.
In 2013, during an IPL match against Pune Warriors India, Gayle broke several scoring records. He smashed 175 not out off 66 balls and reached a century having faced only 30 balls. Gayle set records for the fastest century reached in any format of cricket, the highest individual score in a T20 match, and the most sixes scored in a single innings in the IPL.
And in January 2016, Gayle set a new Big Bash League record for the fastest fifty – equalling the world record set by Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh against England in the 2007 ICC World Twenty20.
He reached 51 in only 12 deliveries which included seven sixes and smashed the previous record of 18 deliveries set by Strikers batsman Tim Ludeman.
Gayle has scored 10,074 runs in T20, a much higher total than the 7,596 scored by Brendon McCullum, the New Zealannder who is second on the run-getters’ list.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018