Jamaica’s Chris Gayle Becomes First Batsman to Score 10, 000 Runs in T20 Cricket
Chris Gayle has once again etched his name in the record books.
The prolific batsman is now the first person in history to score, 10,000 runs in T20 cricket.
The monumental achievement was realised when Gayle smashed 77 off 38 balls to help propel Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) to a 21-run win over Gujarat Lions in the Indian Premier League.
Gayle, who has not competed for the West Indies in about a year was in splendid form as he earned his first half-century in 17 T20 innings.
RCB stormed to 213 in their allotted 20 overs while Lions were restricted to 192 for seven in their 20 overs.
Gayle has already shattered numerous records.
In 2013, during an IPL match against Pune Warriors India, Gayle broke several scoring records. He smashed 175 not out off 66 balls and reached a century having faced only 30 balls. Gayle set records for the fastest century reached in any format of cricket, the highest individual score in a T20 match, and the most sixes scored in a single innings in the IPL.
And in January 2016, Gayle set a new Big Bash League record for the fastest fifty – equalling the world record set by Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh against England in the 2007 ICC World Twenty20.
He reached 51 in only 12 deliveries which included seven sixes and smashed the previous record of 18 deliveries set by Strikers batsman Tim Ludeman.
Gayle has scored 10,074 runs in T20, a much higher total than the 7,596 scored by Brendon McCullum, the New Zealannder who is second on the run-getters’ list.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018