Jamaica’s Chris Gayle Becomes First Batsman to Score 10, 000 Runs in T20 Cricket
Chris Gayle has once again etched his name in the record books.
The prolific batsman is now the first person in history to score, 10,000 runs in T20 cricket.
The monumental achievement was realised when Gayle smashed 77 off 38 balls to help propel Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) to a 21-run win over Gujarat Lions in the Indian Premier League.
Gayle, who has not competed for the West Indies in about a year was in splendid form as he earned his first half-century in 17 T20 innings.
RCB stormed to 213 in their allotted 20 overs while Lions were restricted to 192 for seven in their 20 overs.
Gayle has already shattered numerous records.
In 2013, during an IPL match against Pune Warriors India, Gayle broke several scoring records. He smashed 175 not out off 66 balls and reached a century having faced only 30 balls. Gayle set records for the fastest century reached in any format of cricket, the highest individual score in a T20 match, and the most sixes scored in a single innings in the IPL.
And in January 2016, Gayle set a new Big Bash League record for the fastest fifty – equalling the world record set by Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh against England in the 2007 ICC World Twenty20.
He reached 51 in only 12 deliveries which included seven sixes and smashed the previous record of 18 deliveries set by Strikers batsman Tim Ludeman.
Gayle has scored 10,074 runs in T20, a much higher total than the 7,596 scored by Brendon McCullum, the New Zealannder who is second on the run-getters’ list.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017