Jamaican Woman Now the Oldest Human Alive
Jamaican supercentenarian Violet Brown is officially the oldest person alive.
Brown, who is 117 years of age takes the title from Emma Morano of Italy who has died aged 117 years and 137 days.
And Brown is the island’s first ever verified supercentenarian.
Mrs Brown, who was born on March 10, 1900 when Jamaica remained a part of the British empire was born just miles away from the world’s fastest human – Usain St Leo Bolt.
She is now the last living former subject of Queen Victoria who died in January 1901.
See an updated list of the world’s oldest people.
All ten are female.
|Violet Brown||F||10 March 1900||117 years, 36 days||Jamaica|
|2||Nabi Tajima||F||4 August 1900||116 years, 254 days||Japan|
|3||Chiyo Miyako||F||2 May 1901||115 years, 348 days||Japan|
|4||Ana María Vela Rubio||F||29 October 1901||115 years, 168 days||Spain|
|5||Marie Josephine Gaudette||F||25 March 1902||115 years, 21 days||Italy|
|6||Giuseppina Projetto||F||30 May 1902||114 years, 320 days||Italy|
|7||Kane Tanaka||F||2 January 1903||114 years, 103 days||Japan|
|8||Maria Giuseppa Robucci||F||20 March 1903||114 years, 26 days||Italy|
|9||Iso Nakamura||F||23 April 1903||113 years, 357 days||Japan|
|10||Tae Ito||F||11 July 1903||113 years, 278 days||Japan|
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017
- Little Girl Among Three Shot Dead in Kingston - June 23, 2017