Jamaican-Born NBA Legend Patrick Ewing Becomes NCAA Division I Coach
Patrick Ewing, the legendary Jamaican-born Hall of Fame basketball player has been appointed coach of a US Division I NCAA basketball team.
NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball features college basketball teams from the Division I level of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), to determine the national championship.
Ewing, who was born in Kingston, will now coach his alma mater Georgetown University.
During his four years at Georgetown, Ewing played in the NCAA Championship Game three times—and was named as the 16th greatest college player of all time by ESPN.
And in 1996, Ewing was selected as one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History.
Before migrating to the United States at age 12, Ewing excelled at cricket and soccer.
He eventually learned to play the game and later became a US citizen.
Ewing is now the first Jamaican to head coach for a US Division I NCAA basketball team since 2015 with Paul Hewitt being the most recent. Hewitt coached George Mason University.
— #BIGEASThoops (@BIGEASTMBB) April 5, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Twice And Pulls Off Exquisite Nutmeg In Borussia Dortmund Training Session - March 24, 2018
- National Under 15 And Under 18 Table Tennis Squad Scheduled For Caribbean Tournament In Cuba - March 22, 2018
- “I Think We Can” See Bolt At Old Trafford Next Season – José Mourinho - March 22, 2018
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018