Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017