Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018