Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018