Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017
- Little Girl Among Three Shot Dead in Kingston - June 23, 2017