Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Munga Charged With Murder - May 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson Finishes Third In 200m At Eugene Diamond League - May 28, 2017
- Mother, Son Killed in Hanover - May 27, 2017
- 8 Jamaican Youngsters Receive Medical Scholarships From Cuba - May 27, 2017
- Life Sentences For Jamaican-Born DC Sniper Thrown Out - May 26, 2017
- 23-Yr-Old Man Allegedly Killed By Girlfriend in St Ann - May 26, 2017
- JPS Seeks Electricity Rate Increase - May 26, 2017
- Jamaica’s Love Affair With the Mentally Tough Sport of Football - May 26, 2017
- Elaine Thompson, Dafne Schippers to Clash On Saturday - May 25, 2017
- Jamaican Man Admits to Participating in Lottery Scam Targeting Elderly Victims in the US - May 25, 2017