Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017