Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017
- US May Soon Impose Tax on Remittances to Jamaica, Other Countries in the Region - April 26, 2017
- Damage From Flood Rains to Cost Gov’t Nearly Half a Billion Dollars - April 26, 2017