Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017