Hanover Police Reportedly Receive Death Threats
Police in Hanover have reportedly been receiving death threats from members of a gang in the parish.
They began receiving the threats following the fatal shooting of two men in the parish by police.
The men who were killed were identified as 20-year-old Orlando Tavares and 31-year-old Vincent Murray.
They were shot dead after they reportedly attacked police officers as they conducted a spot check along the Salt Spring main road last week.
According to RJR, a member of the gang issued threats against the Hanover police via a social media video.
The video, which is a little over 12 minutes in length was reportedly filmed during a protest by residents a day after the incident.
In the video, a man claims that the men who were killed by the police and innocent and vows to exact vengeance.
Deputy Superintendent Sharon Beeput, has since announced that the threat level against the police is ‘extreme’.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Boy’s Body Found On Beach In Bull Bay - July 25, 2017
- Armed Robbers Steal ONLY Food From Popular Jamaican Restaurant in Florida - July 23, 2017
- Westmoreland’s Most Wanted Killed By Police - July 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Eyeing Spot in Gold Cup Final - July 22, 2017
- Bolt Wins 100m Diamond League Sprint Ahead Of World Championships - July 21, 2017
- High-Powered Weapons, Over 4000 Rounds Ammunition Found At Wharves - July 21, 2017
- Prominent Montego Bay Businessman Shot Dead By Gunman - July 20, 2017
- Gunmen Open Fire On Denham Town Police Station - July 19, 2017
- Bolt, Omar McLeod to Face Off In Monaco - July 19, 2017
- Jamaican Doctor Dies In Cayman After Being Struck By Taxi - July 18, 2017