28 Medals For Jamaica on Opening Day of Carifta Games
Perennial champions Jamaica, as expected dominated on the opening day of the FLOW Carifta Games in Curacao yesterday (April 15).
With 28 medals already earned, Jamaica sits comfortably top the medal table.
Jamaica ended the day with 12 gold, 10 silver and 6 bronze.
Trinidad and Tobago finished the day in second with nine medals comprising of 4 gold and five bronze.
The Bahamas are third with six medals – 2 gold, three silver and bronze.
The girls earned 17 of Jamaica’s 28 medals with seven gold, seven silver and three bronze), while the boys’s team accounted for 11 (5 gold, three silver and three bronze).
Jamaica have won the games for 32 straight years and 40 times of the games’ 45-year history.
The last time Jamaica lost was in 1984 when The Bahamas won at home.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018