28 Medals For Jamaica on Opening Day of Carifta Games
Perennial champions Jamaica, as expected dominated on the opening day of the FLOW Carifta Games in Curacao yesterday (April 15).
With 28 medals already earned, Jamaica sits comfortably top the medal table.
Jamaica ended the day with 12 gold, 10 silver and 6 bronze.
Trinidad and Tobago finished the day in second with nine medals comprising of 4 gold and five bronze.
The Bahamas are third with six medals – 2 gold, three silver and bronze.
The girls earned 17 of Jamaica’s 28 medals with seven gold, seven silver and three bronze), while the boys’s team accounted for 11 (5 gold, three silver and three bronze).
Jamaica have won the games for 32 straight years and 40 times of the games’ 45-year history.
The last time Jamaica lost was in 1984 when The Bahamas won at home.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018