28 Medals For Jamaica on Opening Day of Carifta Games
Perennial champions Jamaica, as expected dominated on the opening day of the FLOW Carifta Games in Curacao yesterday (April 15).
With 28 medals already earned, Jamaica sits comfortably top the medal table.
Jamaica ended the day with 12 gold, 10 silver and 6 bronze.
Trinidad and Tobago finished the day in second with nine medals comprising of 4 gold and five bronze.
The Bahamas are third with six medals – 2 gold, three silver and bronze.
The girls earned 17 of Jamaica’s 28 medals with seven gold, seven silver and three bronze), while the boys’s team accounted for 11 (5 gold, three silver and three bronze).
Jamaica have won the games for 32 straight years and 40 times of the games’ 45-year history.
The last time Jamaica lost was in 1984 when The Bahamas won at home.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018