Skip Marley Becomes First in Family to Crack Billboard’s Hot 100 Top 10
Skip Marley, the grandson of Bob and Rita Marley and son of Cedella Marley recently became the first person in his family to appear in the top 10 of Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.
Marley collaborated with American singer and songwriter Katy Perry on the song “Chained to the Rhythm” which entered the chart at number four.
And the 20-year-old is currently gearing up to release his debut LP which he says is about 80 percent complete.
Marley was born in Kingston, Jamaica to Cedella Marley and David Minto, and raised in Miami, Florida.
In 2015, he released his first single, “Cry to Me”, and a second single called “Life” under the Tuff Gong label. He later signed with Blue Mountain Music, and joined his uncles Damian and Stephen on their Catch a Fire tour.
In early 2016, he was featured in a Gap 1969 Denim campaign and signed to Island records earlier this year.
A video for Chained to the Rhythm was published to Youtube on February 21 and has already garnered close to 100 million views.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018