Skip Marley Becomes First in Family to Crack Billboard’s Hot 100 Top 10
Skip Marley, the grandson of Bob and Rita Marley and son of Cedella Marley recently became the first person in his family to appear in the top 10 of Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.
Marley collaborated with American singer and songwriter Katy Perry on the song “Chained to the Rhythm” which entered the chart at number four.
And the 20-year-old is currently gearing up to release his debut LP which he says is about 80 percent complete.
Marley was born in Kingston, Jamaica to Cedella Marley and David Minto, and raised in Miami, Florida.
In 2015, he released his first single, “Cry to Me”, and a second single called “Life” under the Tuff Gong label. He later signed with Blue Mountain Music, and joined his uncles Damian and Stephen on their Catch a Fire tour.
In early 2016, he was featured in a Gap 1969 Denim campaign and signed to Island records earlier this year.
A video for Chained to the Rhythm was published to Youtube on February 21 and has already garnered close to 100 million views.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017
- Jamaica Soars On Latest FIFA Ranking Following 2nd Place Gold Cup Finish - August 16, 2017
- Returning Residents Robbed By Gunmen Just Minutes After Leaving Airport - August 15, 2017
- Bolt To Finally Play For Manchester United In ‘Legends’ Game Against Barcelona - August 15, 2017
- Just In: South East St Mary MP, Dr Winston Green Dies - August 14, 2017