Skip Marley Becomes First in Family to Crack Billboard’s Hot 100 Top 10
Skip Marley, the grandson of Bob and Rita Marley and son of Cedella Marley recently became the first person in his family to appear in the top 10 of Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.
Marley collaborated with American singer and songwriter Katy Perry on the song “Chained to the Rhythm” which entered the chart at number four.
And the 20-year-old is currently gearing up to release his debut LP which he says is about 80 percent complete.
Marley was born in Kingston, Jamaica to Cedella Marley and David Minto, and raised in Miami, Florida.
In 2015, he released his first single, “Cry to Me”, and a second single called “Life” under the Tuff Gong label. He later signed with Blue Mountain Music, and joined his uncles Damian and Stephen on their Catch a Fire tour.
In early 2016, he was featured in a Gap 1969 Denim campaign and signed to Island records earlier this year.
A video for Chained to the Rhythm was published to Youtube on February 21 and has already garnered close to 100 million views.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017