Skip Marley Becomes First in Family to Crack Billboard’s Hot 100 Top 10
Skip Marley, the grandson of Bob and Rita Marley and son of Cedella Marley recently became the first person in his family to appear in the top 10 of Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.
Marley collaborated with American singer and songwriter Katy Perry on the song “Chained to the Rhythm” which entered the chart at number four.
And the 20-year-old is currently gearing up to release his debut LP which he says is about 80 percent complete.
Marley was born in Kingston, Jamaica to Cedella Marley and David Minto, and raised in Miami, Florida.
In 2015, he released his first single, “Cry to Me”, and a second single called “Life” under the Tuff Gong label. He later signed with Blue Mountain Music, and joined his uncles Damian and Stephen on their Catch a Fire tour.
In early 2016, he was featured in a Gap 1969 Denim campaign and signed to Island records earlier this year.
A video for Chained to the Rhythm was published to Youtube on February 21 and has already garnered close to 100 million views.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017
- US May Soon Impose Tax on Remittances to Jamaica, Other Countries in the Region - April 26, 2017
- Damage From Flood Rains to Cost Gov’t Nearly Half a Billion Dollars - April 26, 2017