Pastor Gets 20 Year Prison Sentence for Sex with Minor
Pastor Paul Hanniford will be behind bars for the next two decades for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
Hanniford – a 54-year-old Pentecostal pastor received his sentence in the Home Circuit Court Friday after calling four witnesses to testify on his behalf.
The father of six children, was convicted January 24 for having sex with the girl, who is now 15 years old.
Hanniford had sex with the girl at his home where he took her and her brother — who was 5 years old at the time — under the guise of taking them for a drive out.
The prosecution led evidence during the trial that Hanniford gave the boy cornflakes before sexually assaulting his sister in another room.
On hearing his sister’s cries, the boy rushed to the room where he saw Hanniford assaulting her.
Hanniford later returned the children to their mother at his church and tried to stop the boy from telling his mother what he witnessed.
However, the child blurted out to his mother what he saw and she reported the matter to church officials the following day.
The clergyman was subsequently arrested and charged after the mother reported the incident to the police.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 17-Yr-Old Girl Goes Missing – JCF - June 22, 2017
- 10-Yr-Old Hospitalised After Allegedly Being Assaulted By Woman - June 22, 2017
- Jawara McIntosh, Son of Legendary Reggae Artist Peter Tosh, Beaten Into A Coma While Serving 6 Month Marijuana Sentence - June 21, 2017
- PALAS Receives 2017 People Profile Charity Award, Now Planning First PALAS Telethon - June 21, 2017
- No Confirmed Case of Cholera in Jamaica - June 21, 2017
- Jamaica’s Population Growth Continues to Slow - June 20, 2017
- Over 230,000 Traffic Tickets Issued Up to June 9, 2017 - June 20, 2017
- Police Reportedly Find Body Parts of Man at Kingston Motel - June 19, 2017
- Higher Toll Rates Expected July 1 - June 19, 2017
- Record One Million Visitors to Jamaica In 6 Month Period - June 18, 2017