Leon Bailey Could One Day Play for Jamaica – But….
Wonderkid Leon Bailey who currently plies his trade for German giants Bayer Leverkusen could one day represent Jamaica at the senior level, but not before Jamaican football improves – according to his agent Craig Butler.
Prior to signing for Bayer, Bailey was being hounded by several top flight teams in England – and playing for Jamaica could have potentially jeopardised his chances of playing in that country.
The English Football Association stipulates that in order for foreign players to obtain work permits, they must represent countries that have been in the top 50 of the FIFA rankings over the past two years.
However, Bailey now has a bit more flexibility in Germany’s top flight.
And Bailey’s agent is quoted by The Star as saying:
“I am a Jamaican and Leon is born a Jamaican. We love our country. We want what’s best for the country, as long as it doesn’t affect Leon or Kyle (Butler, Craig’s son who is also a footballer) or their career. Leon is already an 18.5m Euro player. He has no problem getting a work permit anywhere he goes.”
“The main issue is and always will be whether we have a proper football culture to allow players to work in a uniform and systematic way.”
“Our coaching (certification process) is not recognised worldwide by other countries. Jamaica is not providing coaches with the opportunity to gain work experience and income in the rest of the world.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Elderly Couple Killed In Gruesome Fashion In Portland - June 23, 2018
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018